• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax wear / Extroverts ??

dirkdiggler

Suspended
How is the Hyfax wear on the the Nytro? I'm thinking of Buying an XTX and I'm wondering if anyone has gone to Skidoo extroverts to eliminate wear if in fact it's and issue

It's a lot more money than I feel I should have to spend on a brand new sled just to get it to work properly. I already paid about $15,000 for it (I'm Canadian) and to change to extros I would be looking at about $1000 more because I would have to change the track as well. The last thing I want to do is "invest" more money into this thing.

my bud and my dad both have 3000 miles on original hyfax both have fx nytro rtx's. i have 2500 on apex rtx and my boss just turned 4700 all on original hyfax. :Rockon:

I have about 1,800 miles on mine and they just show signs of typical Yamaha wear if front of the rear axle. Snow conditions have been good everywhere I've been. I would think I can get another 12-1500 miles on them.

I had extroverts on my Attak and they showed the same wear in front of the rear axle. I think running the track loose with extroverts is only going to make a difference on the front bend of the rails. JMO.

I have 1700 miles on mine and after this ride in the UP

They will have to be changed.....got the sled on the hi-lo and
they are at the line in a couple of spots but I think they have at
least 300-500 miles left.....about normal IMHO

Mine are shot at 2,000 miles. Mine are worn out from the front to the very back. 2,000 miles isnt horrible, but the snow conditions have been outstanding here pretty much all year and I have never seen a pair of hyfax wear so evenly from the bend at the rail to the back by the axle with virtually no difference at the wheels and normal high wear points.
I have also never had to run a track so tight either so Im wondering the same thing about extrovert drivers as well. I dont understand why this track jumps anyhow. Its got 4 sets of drivers and it jumps in deep snow or a hard holeshot almost as if they're not messhing with each other or something

Turk I will get in touch with you. I went to order them and the number has been superceeded by another number for the whole assemble(2drivers installed on a shaft for 200 dealer cost. In us they were 29 dealer cost.

I am definitely going to look in to something to fix the hyfax wear problem. I won't be able to do any spring riding with things set up stock.

I had a brand new set of hyfax on yesterday and they are 3/4 worn at the bend. We had freshly groomed trails yesterday, but I was diving for snow where ever I could. I had to cross 2 bogs that were frozen pretty hard with no loose snow, but I'm still disappointed by how easy these things wear.

I contemplating an idler wheel kit to mount where the rail bends up.

Goddo said:
I am definitely going to look in to something to fix the hyfax wear problem. I won't be able to do any spring riding with things set up stock.

I contemplating an idler wheel kit to mount where the rail bends up.

I hear you buddy, I am having the same problem. I am guessing things will improve when we start getting the salty snow conditions. But what to do until then?

Back