• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear Suspension Slicast arms on my Nytro

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Hygear Suspension Slicast arms on my Nytro.. Really nice product to get the camber and caster correct on your Nytro. For the price you can get the twitchiness out of the Nytro and improve the handling and drive-ability.

P3040029.JPG

How much caster adjustability do they have? I have found that moving the spindles 2" forward on the trail sleds makes a big difference.

How much caster adjustability do they have? I have found that moving the spindles 2" forward on the trail sleds makes a big difference.

My understanding of this design is 0 to +1 and its not as extreme as yours but still make a difference in how the sled drives and handles compared to stock.

I like the idea of the Slicast arms and overall they are much easier to adjust than some of the other aftermarket arm. They are also a cheaper alternative if you're interested in experimenting with caster/camber adjustments. Unfortunately, when I tried them on my 2008 RTX they didn't fit the old geometry as well as they should have so I returned them. I now have a 2010 front installed on my Nytro and have been considering trying them again. I'd like to try adding a spacer on top of the spindle then adjust caster/camber with the Slicast arms to compensate for the change. I also believe the newer spindles run to much caster with the added trail.

Tom, what are you starting with for caster and camber settings? Any thoughts on adding a spacer on top of the spindle?

I like the idea of the Slicast arms and overall they are much easier to adjust than some of the other aftermarket arm. They are also a cheaper alternative if you're interested in experimenting with caster/camber adjustments. Unfortunately, when I tried them on my 2008 RTX they didn't fit the old geometry as well as they should have so I returned them. I now have a 2010 front installed on my Nytro and have been considering trying them again. I'd like to try adding a spacer on top of the spindle then adjust caster/camber with the Slicast arms to compensate for the change. I also believe the newer spindles run to much caster with the added trail.

Tom, what are you starting with for caster and camber settings? Any thoughts on adding a spacer on top of the spindle?

There is no dimensions of the product only guide lines. The camber is noted to be as vertical as possible with the washers that are provided and the caster is to be set on #4. Looking at the range of motion it will only allow for more caster not less.

The instruction that came with it are very vague on the specifics of what the actual dimensional changed values are.

How-CasterAngle.gif

I am quite familiar with their features. Grizz mentions a good point in regards to adding a spacer. With regards to the stock Nytro spindles, it is important to "lengthen" them by adding a spacer, like I do in my A Arm kits. This eliminates the "camber gain" that the stock spindle configuration suffers from. Getting back to the Slicast arms......they are kind of neat, but they only provide so much. They do not solve the problems of the OEM ball joints (quick to wear, expensive to replace) and do not place the spindles any further forward than stock.......the biggest improvement for the Nytro front end.

I am quite familiar with their features. Grizz mentions a good point in regards to adding a spacer. With regards to the stock Nytro spindles, it is important to "lengthen" them by adding a spacer, like I do in my A Arm kits. This eliminates the "camber gain" that the stock spindle configuration suffers from. Getting back to the Slicast arms......they are kind of neat, but they only provide so much. They do not solve the problems of the OEM ball joints (quick to wear, expensive to replace) and do not place the spindles any further forward than stock.......the biggest improvement for the Nytro front end.

So are you trying to convince everyone that your system is better and the Hygears is not worth the cost?? I don't quite understand why you have posted if you know all about the product other then to deface it.

No, not trying to "deface it". Just pointing out differences between offerings and highlighting desirable features people should look for when they are trying to improve the handling of their Nytro front end. Once people understand, the choices are clear.

No, not trying to "deface it". Just pointing out differences between offerings and highlighting desirable features people should look for when they are trying to improve the handling of their Nytro front end. Once people understand, the choices are clear.

And you sure made the differences clear in this thread when we are not talking about your product. I would suggest maybe pointing out the difference in your own products thread. The Slicast work, maybe not the same as yours but they work. This is about mutual respect and consideration for the other advertisers on the site.

I have a 2008 Rtx, I installed steering relocate,Wrp +2'' seat also stretched mine to 144'' which I love, and split rail skis, took some tweaking to ge it right but now it rails corners and I love the motor:)

Well, I have been following this thread a bit. My choice was "clear" on what I should do. I stopped down at Hygear this afternoon and picked up a set of Slicast A-arms!!! The guys at Hygear are great!!! Ross took the time out of his day to give me a personal tour of his facility. He explained and showed me the differences In the products they use to tune shocks, it was very interesting to say the least. The place is spotless, lit up like an operating room. Everyones work area was very clean and well organized. Everyone there was super nice, they all took the time to come over and shake my hand and shoot the #*$&@ for minute..I got a picture of their shock dyno, they had a Walker Evans shock on it..It was very cool to watch that machine run... Ross and all the guys at Hygear get an A+ in my book!!!!

Attachments

• WP_20150427_004.JPG
    WP_20150427_004.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 127
  • WP_20150427_001.JPG
    WP_20150427_001.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 122
I wonder if these will fit the split rail ski spindle ? if they do I may try a pair.

Yes, they will work with split rails.

Back