• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I never thought id say it but xf1100 turbo

Saw the new cat yesterday(800 CF).Feels bigger than the snow pro(and higher).Better footrest.The big hole in the handlebar slot is huge.Light on the front but heavy on the rear(strange).Fit and finish?Same as my 94 puma.Not up to yamahas fit and finish(like comparing a Lada to a Lexus in that department).

mike3577 said:
it would'nt look like that for long if it was in my group,i would roost the living s##t out of it with my xtx..i got to say i do like it in white,but it's nothing like a yammi

I bought an XF 1100 Turbo LE I don't expect any yamaha to roost me! I ride with an MTX all the time we'll find out this winter hehe! :die

Looks even better when your not looking thru those BLUE BLINDERS, and I own a Yamaha Apex !!!!! and a Cat !!! Best looking sled this year,, by far !!!! JMHO, of course.

mike3577 said:
it would'nt look like that for long if it was in my group,i would roost the living s##t out of it with my xtx..i got to say i do like it in white,but it's nothing like a yammi

How would you roost somthing you have zero chance of ever being in front of??? Seriously these cats ate rockets. I owned a nytro so I have a great idea of what it's capible of.

KatahdinLodge said:
Was really hoping for something a little less bad #*$&@ from cat. Seems I am running out of excuses to not own one. Boondocker with a meth kit for around 260-290 hp on pump fuel, $1900. 65lbs lighter in a more responsive chassis, priceless!
Are you guys still open for busness? Wife and i rode up to your place over the 4th and no one around,door locked,we were up on our 4-wheeler,from patten,now i see you got it up for sale.

mnmsnowbeast said:
KatahdinLodge said:
Was really hoping for something a little less bad #*$&@ from cat. Seems I am running out of excuses to not own one. Boondocker with a meth kit for around 260-290 hp on pump fuel, $1900. 65lbs lighter in a more responsive chassis, priceless!
Are you guys still open for busness? Wife and i rode up to your place over the 4th and no one around,door locked,we were up on our 4-wheeler,from patten,now i see you got it up for sale.

We are still open. We were helping out with a fundraiser for our local animal shelter that day. We have put it on the market, but we are in no huge rush to sell. We will still be running it as a lodge business until we turn the keys over to the next owner. Hope you stop in again sometime!

COLDONE said:
srxguy, What did you think when you were shitting on it???

BR
Very Cheap looking and did not like the way my knees hit the tank, but I do like the looks of them and of course this is just my opinion. I test rode last years turbo cat and I thought is was dog but it was stock and I am used to riding my turbo rx1.

Came from Cats to yamaha. They're making it tough on me. Lucky for me I would never buy a first year sled. Looks like I'll be riding the Attak for another season.

I have put more miles on my wifes Saber Cat then my Attak the last two seasons. Once it breaks during the season I don't have time to fix it.

Sold out of Turbos at my end. I love this new cat, but a few little quirks I found in the protos weren't dealt with for production. I'll see how they work out this season and I'll just snow check one this spring if they work good.

Dan

stopdropanroll said:
Dano said:
Sold out of Turbos at my end. I love this new cat, but a few little quirks I found in the protos weren't dealt with for production. I'll see how they work out this season and I'll just snow check one this spring if they work good.

Dan

What quirks do you speak of?

The open area around handlebars isn't closed off on production models that I seen and the front bumper is mounted poorly, which feels like it will rip off picking up the front ends.
Issues aren't a deal breaker for me and I might just order a 2013 in March.

Dan

I had all of them except a polaris, and i will never buy nothing but a yamaha no matter how outdated there sled is. Why ? RELIABILITY!!! no one else could offer that. But they all looked pretty sitting there.

Dano said:
stopdropanroll said:
Dano said:

Dan

What quirks do you speak of?

The open area around handlebars isn't closed off on production models that I seen and the front bumper is mounted poorly, which feels like it will rip off picking up the front ends.
Issues aren't a deal breaker for me and I might just order a 2013 in March.

Dan

i'm probably doing the same, have to see how the new chassis works

IMO the new cat is the sled Yamaha could be and should be building. Their lineup is a home run before it even hits the snow, ofcourse my opinion. They have the engine tech hands down, they could build a true industry leading machine.

Back