• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I want a bike but...

Do you think Yamaha should fix this problem?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zeke-xtx

Extreme
I am in the market for a new bike for the spring but I just can’t see myself on a Yamaha!! I would love the V Max best in class. I also wanted and got the Apex that also is best in class. I am very sorry to say that I can’t see myself ever buying another Yamaha product as long as I live. The Customer service department is very poor!!! The service rep will not even return my phone call. All I want is a fix for the hopeless Hyfax wear..... I have beat this dead horse all over this site with no luck, other than spend $300 on wheels or add ice scratchers, F that why should I have to dump more money into it?

i think that you will find issues in every product,no matter wich brand,do you think its ok for doo owners to have to rebuild the engine every other year,they shouldnt have to pay for that,right,i could go on and on

If the dealer is the problem I would find another. Don't let a bad dealer make you settle for something less then what you really want.

All the brands have there problems go on doo talk and the one for cat HCS they all bit## about the brand they are running some have the same bit## that they bit## about on here ...Thats just what people do they aren't happy inless they bit## i could go on for ever so i'm going to stop .....

zeke-xtx said:
I am in the market for a new bike for the spring but I just can’t see myself on a Yamaha!! I would love the V Max best in class. I also wanted and got the Apex that also is best in class. I am very sorry to say that I can’t see myself ever buying another Yamaha product as long as I live. The Customer service department is very poor!!! The service rep will not even return my phone call. All I want is a fix for the hopeless Hyfax wear..... I have beat this dead horse all over this site with no luck, other than spend $300 on wheels or add ice scratchers, F that why should I have to dump more money into it?

I thought you said all you wanted is a fix for the Hyfax wear? Fixes are available, but you don't want to use them?

And I find it very f-ning hard to believe that the hyfax on your sled is going to influence what bike you buy. In case you didn't notice, motorcycles don't use hyfax.

NFLD-Nytro said:
zeke-xtx said:

I thought you said all you wanted is a fix for the Hyfax wear? Fixes are available, but you don't want to use them?

And I find it very f-ning hard to believe that the hyfax on your sled is going to influence what bike you buy. In case you didn't notice, motorcycles don't use hyfax.
You right i went to the dealer and looked at bike and they don't have hyfax ...so there shouldn't be any problem with that ....good luck with what ever bike you get ...I hope you don't bit## about the tire wear on them i had a bike and the tires war out on it and they wouldn't warr. them so i sold it , never buy another bike again ....... hahahaha

You're right but if you think any of the other 3 brands are better with customer service, you're crazy. Our last Arctic Cat was a lemon and after calling Cat a million times they did nothing to help, and it was not a little problem like hyfax...the sled would not even run.

BRP = bring Rings & Pistons
Yamaha = bring Hyfax and warm gloves
Cat = Cant Activate Throttle ?
Poo = well that explains itself.
Its all about what you want to change. Hyfax every 1500 miles. Or motor every 3500-4000 miles. I run an Apex MTX and can get well over 1000 miles on a set of slides running scratchers about half the time.
To summerize... Whats does hyfax have to influence what type of bike you want to buy or thinking of buying.

I voted "yes" above, buuuuut........

It all depends on what type of bike you want to ride. I like Yammi sport bikes (R1 is awesome) but their current fleet of cruisers just lack passion to me. I'd say that about all the Japanese cruising bikes. Just my $.02, but the image the bike ceates has always been a huge part of cruiser type bikes appeal. Harley Davidson (now bankrupt I guess tho.....) just have something the japanese bikes lack, aside from reliability (Ya, I know I opened the door for that one! Lol!). I wish i didn't feel this way because I know Yamaha bikes are flat out great performers. But just fyi I'd by an R1 in a heartbeat -- they are awesome!

And I'd not let an issue like sliders stop me from buying a bike, let alone a Yamaha.

I have owned 4 different year R1's, an R6 and a warrior. I now have a BMW S1000RR. I feel yamaha is not doing any R&D to improve their product. Although they are still great bikes, the R1 and R6 have barely changed in years. Except the cross plane motor, since 06 there hasn't been any major changes in chassis, design, and motor. Fly by wire, variable velocity stacks, a crude traction control system. But, like the apex small lingering problems that seem to never get fixed. Why does the R1 still have undertail exhaust? It's hot on the legs, cause rear shock fade, and places weight high on the bike.
My BMW has 4 different traction control mode, ABS brakes 24 more HP than an R1 out of the box, it knows the lean angle of the bike, wheel speed, throttle position etc... it weighs just 1 pound less than the R1 but when riding it, it feels more like 40 pounds due to the location of the weight and chassis. Sound like a similar problem we have with our sleds?
I will say that I never had a single failure on any of my bikes. Found the exup valve missed adjusted from the factory once but that was it.

rhoag said:
I have owned 4 different year R1's, an R6 and a warrior. I now have a BMW S1000RR. I feel yamaha is not doing any R&D to improve their product. Although they are still great bikes, the R1 and R6 have barely changed in years. Except the cross plane motor, since 06 there hasn't been any major changes in chassis, design, and motor. Fly by wire, variable velocity stacks, a crude traction control system. But, like the apex small lingering problems that seem to never get fixed. Why does the R1 still have undertail exhaust? It's hot on the legs, cause rear shock fade, and places weight high on the bike.
My BMW has 4 different traction control mode, ABS brakes 24 more HP than an R1 out of the box, it knows the lean angle of the bike, wheel speed, throttle position etc... it weighs just 1 pound less than the R1 but when riding it, it feels more like 40 pounds due to the location of the weight and chassis. Sound like a similar problem we have with our sleds?
I will say that I never had a single failure on any of my bikes. Found the exup valve missed adjusted from the factory once but that was it.
Don't forget your beamer costs 2x what an R1 does.

I'm heading out to check the hyfax on my WR now, and if they're 'empty', i'll never buy a Yamaha keyboard again!
Kidding aside, do a little research, then pick what you want, and i'd start with the best dealer. Your dealer can make you love or hate your new ride.(i'm sure there is a much better way to put that) I'm lucky, great Yamaha quad, bike, and dealer.
Mike.

Back