• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I want a bike but...

Do you think Yamaha should fix this problem?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I do realize that sleds have problems!!!! The dealer is not really the issue here. I am not someone who bit..es about every little thing. I hate the FACT that Yamaha will not recognise that this is a problem!!!! If ice scratchers or big wheels are the fix then they should give them to me!! I’m not on here Bit..ing about how long it took to do the oil change (big deal its maintenance) and if I got 1500 miles on a set of hyfax it would be a little better. The reason I got the Yamaha is I did not want to spend all my time working on sh.. I paid more then anyone who bought there sleds in the states because I was told that I will have no warranty if I buy the sled south of the border. I also spent the $1100.00 on the Yamaha extended warranty. I do have to say that every time I squeeze the leaver on my sled it makes me smile!!!! Best power stock sled I have ever had, not the fastest but still amazing!!!! My experience thus far with Yamaha is Fu.. you we have your money. I am not a sport bike guy, cruisers are my thing and I think that the Triumph Rocket III is for me. Its ok if you guys want to laugh and make fun of a crappy design but I think if enough of us keep on this maybe Yamaha will realize that they should fix the problem.

Love the BMW bike! And really it's there first try at super bikes and nailed it.

I'd buy a BMW sled!

rhoag said:
I have owned 4 different year R1's, an R6 and a warrior. I now have a BMW S1000RR. I feel yamaha is not doing any R&D to improve their product. Although they are still great bikes, the R1 and R6 have barely changed in years. Except the cross plane motor, since 06 there hasn't been any major changes in chassis, design, and motor. Fly by wire, variable velocity stacks, a crude traction control system. But, like the apex small lingering problems that seem to never get fixed. Why does the R1 still have undertail exhaust? It's hot on the legs, cause rear shock fade, and places weight high on the bike.
My BMW has 4 different traction control mode, ABS brakes 24 more HP than an R1 out of the box, it knows the lean angle of the bike, wheel speed, throttle position etc... it weighs just 1 pound less than the R1 but when riding it, it feels more like 40 pounds due to the location of the weight and chassis. Sound like a similar problem we have with our sleds?
I will say that I never had a single failure on any of my bikes. Found the exup valve missed adjusted from the factory once but that was it.

You can say that again. First year bike and it set the standard for all others to try and match and the second year no changes because it was that good. Now the Kawi ZX10 has tried to dethrown the BMW but, didn't quite make it Kawi 163RWH BMW 174RWH.

As far as the price tag on the BMW. My 06 R1 LE was 18,000.00 my 2010 BMW with every bell and whistle was 15,300. This year the MSRP is 15,800 on the BMW with everything and a standard R1 13,790.

Oh back on subject. If you look at Yamaha as a whole [sleds, boats, bikes (dirt, street, cruisers), watercrafts, 4 wheelers etc...] They make a lot of different products and I feel that they could do better. Kinda like the old saying "jack of all trades master of none"! You know they monitor customer feedback via sites like this, the R1, R6, and other forums. If they would address these small nagging issues they would sell more products.

Daranello said:
Love the BMW bike! And really it's there first try at super bikes and nailed it.

I'd buy a BMW sled!

rhoag said:
I have owned 4 different year R1's, an R6 and a warrior. I now have a BMW S1000RR. I feel yamaha is not doing any R&D to improve their product. Although they are still great bikes, the R1 and R6 have barely changed in years. Except the cross plane motor, since 06 there hasn't been any major changes in chassis, design, and motor. Fly by wire, variable velocity stacks, a crude traction control system. But, like the apex small lingering problems that seem to never get fixed. Why does the R1 still have undertail exhaust? It's hot on the legs, cause rear shock fade, and places weight high on the bike.
My BMW has 4 different traction control mode, ABS brakes 24 more HP than an R1 out of the box, it knows the lean angle of the bike, wheel speed, throttle position etc... it weighs just 1 pound less than the R1 but when riding it, it feels more like 40 pounds due to the location of the weight and chassis. Sound like a similar problem we have with our sleds?
I will say that I never had a single failure on any of my bikes. Found the exup valve missed adjusted from the factory once but that was it.

I added wheels to my xtx before it saw snow. now have 4000mi on the slides and may replace them after another 2000. all of it full throttle poor conditions. as far as customer service goes. harley is better than all others added together. have been for a few years, about the time there bikes got real good. my uncle is on his 3rd with over 100,000. pull into any dealership world wide and be treated like royalty. very strict inventory on parts too. my friend went 13,500 mi to have a beer at the north pole. group was 2 harleys, one kawasuki. the kaw guy could't even get a tire at one of the few dealerships in existence. lucky for him the harley dealer helped him out in anchorage. even washed his kaw for free because he was riding with harleys. if you cant even add some wheels on your own, you will never be satisfied with any machinery on this planet. try mars

^^^^ Funny stuff, "Full throttle, poor conditions". Awesome. lol.
About the Harley thing, once again, the dealer is very capable of how much you enjoy or dislike your new ride. You have to have a good dealer! So quit traveling 500 miles to get a toy $300.00 cheaper people, cause that guy isn't going to pull a part off something else to get you back up and running.

"Dear Mr. Bennett: At this time Yamaha is still analyzing market information but I have no newbulletins or technical tips pertaining tot his since we last communicated.If we decide on a direction that is different from our previous suggestionyou would hear from us, our your dealership, before the start of the nextseason. Regards, Scott"

Cool thanks guys there is the market research for Yamaha. Don’t spend any money on R&D to fix that slider issue we will let the good folks on TY fix it themselves and think of all the money we can save!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

zeke-xtx said:
we will let the good folks on TY fix it themselves and think of all the money we can save!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

You'd think Yamaha would at least copy our fixes and supply them. but your right, we do it ourselves so they don't have to. Oh well, I still bleed blue and always will! :Rockon:

I can see what your all saying about this being a wear item but they should last as long as other manufacturers or longer and I dont think they do.

Back