• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idle adjustment

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I want to raise the idle on my 06 attak it idles around 1100 when warm, looks like you turn the plastic knob on the idle control valve in the manual but the pic is just fair is this correct?, I tried turning it a complete turn clockwise today and it didn't seem to make a difference so turned it back.

turbine tester said:
No one has had to adjust the idle on their machine?

Carbed or EFI?

I adjusted my carbed Vector, was easy enough to do and was easy to change the idle.

Will this help you out at all?

Attachments

• 06Attakidlespeed.JPG
    06Attakidlespeed.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,042
Ya thanks, thats the one i was turning i turned it a full turn and didn't make a difference... has anyone made this adjustment? does it have to be rotated alot to make a difference?

Sorry, I have never done it on this sled but for what its worth on my Phazer it does not take much to change the RPM's.

Just a side note, after the idle adjustment is done it is generally a good idea to adjust the throttle cable free play.

On my 06 I turned the idle up maybe 1 turn? I don't remember it being an issue though. My yamaheater green light was flashing at idle. So an increase to the idle rpm was the fix.

turbine there is another post a couple down from this one ,apex keeps stalling.

I haven't tried to clean my tps yet or the iac but am going to.

anyways i can do the same as you , turn the addusting nob 1 - 1.5 turns and get little to know respons. this started a couple years ago and now my idle is all over the place and it will also stall on occasion. sometimes when i start it it will need some throttle to keep it from gurgalling down to 1000rpm and try and stall bla bla bla.
I think these are all connected to something and it starts wilh the idle running low then an adjustment then it works fine then as time passes more adjustment and then you get to the point where the guys are in that thread.
Maybe i'm just ranting

So no your not krazy or doing anything wrong nut you might be at the start of a dirty tps or a dirty iac.
Hopefully i will get time to clean these 2 and put me back like new.

Time time time

black knight said:

anyways i can do the same as you , turn the addusting nob 1 - 1.5 turns and get little to know respons. this started a couple years ago and now my idle is all over the place and it will also stall on occasion. sometimes when i start it it will need some throttle to keep it from gurgalling down to 1000rpm and try and stall bla bla bla.
I think these are all connected to something and it starts wilh the idle running low then an adjustment then it works fine then as time passes more adjustment and then you get to the point where the guys are in that thread.
Maybe i'm just ranting

So no your not krazy or doing anything wrong nut you might be at the start of a dirty tps or a dirty iac.

Time time time
I have same issue, couple of years now. Nobody seems to have an answer.

vx700xtc said:
black knight said:

Maybe i'm just ranting

Time time time
I have same issue, couple of years now. Nobody seems to have an answer.

X 2. Wondering if its the CR10EK plugs? Any of you running them have this issue?

Mine did the same thing with the 9's. Just cleaned the IAC but haven't had id running yet to check it out. It looked pretty clean when I took it apart.

Back