• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm coming back to Yamaha

Heritage

Expert
And very happy about it....as some of you know...I traded my Attak which had 14,200 miles on it...for a low mileage 08 cat F1000 (it had 1700 miles on it)...it was a great deal...or do I thought...I puked the motor last February...had it rebuilt...and put another 300 miles on it between the end of last season and the start of this season....well...it left me stranded again...this time something electrical. ....we think it's the stator...anyway...to make a long story short...I am trading it in on a 2011 apex xtx...that I am picking up this weekend...I have learned my lesson....no more two strokes for me....and no more cats. ...I'm not going to bash cat...but there is definately quality drop between yamaha and cat. ...the only thing that cat did better than my Attak was the way it rode...and it handled a bit better...my Attak was faster, got better fuel economy...and never left me stranded...I hope this xtx is as good as the reviews I have been reading...I have never ridden one...if it's as good as my Attak (or better)...I am going to be one happy sledder...so glad to be back on a yamaha!!!! Can't wait

Congrats!!! I believe you'll be more than happy with the apex from what I hear, I don't own one but know a few people that do, and they love them !!!! :yam: :sled1:

I sure hope so...nothing sucks worse than not being able to ride because your sled is down..I sure missed the snarl of that 4 cylinder.....can't wait to ride it!!

You have no idea the difference between the Attack and the XTX! Forget the cat, just the Yamaha difference between old and new will blow you away.

I put on 170 miles this past weekend on my XTX in tight and twisty woods trails. This was my first outing of the season and should have made my chest muscles hurt for days. I can say this, no soreness at all due to EPS. I am going back for more this weekend. EPS is just one thing that will surprise you. More power, better ride and on and on and on.

I was going through GoPro footage and could literally hear myself giggling in my helmet as I was doing power wheelies over burms at around 80mph!! Busting down snow covered straightaways and blipping the throttle over those burms and lifting the skis! THAT IS ALL APEX BABY!

Enjoy, welcome back to the sickness!

welcome back, you will be happy with your decision. Love the right now torque and the EPS. I did add 2 sets of marginal wheels + oversize idlers for hafax wear which is no longer an issue. I also added the tuner skies to eliminate the little darting it did have. One nice thing with the EPS you can add more weight to the front to get it to handle the way you like it without adding any steering effort.

Last edited:
biffdotorg: your vid is awesome! can't wait to get back on the trails this weekend, there's nothing like the sweet sound of the Ape motor and exhaust, it really is a sickness!

You have no idea the difference between the Attack and the XTX! Forget the cat, just the Yamaha difference between old and new will blow you away.

I put on 170 miles this past weekend on my XTX in tight and twisty woods trails. This was my first outing of the season and should have made my chest muscles hurt for days. I can say this, no soreness at all due to EPS. I am going back for more this weekend. EPS is just one thing that will surprise you. More power, better ride and on and on and on.

I was going through GoPro footage and could literally hear myself giggling in my helmet as I was doing power wheelies over burms at around 80mph!! Busting down snow covered straightaways and blipping the throttle over those burms and lifting the skis! THAT IS ALL APEX BABY!

Enjoy, welcome back to the sickness!

Awesome...Thanks...I am so excited to pick this sled up!!! Can't wait until saturday!!!

My 06 Apex ER with 17,000 miles is just as fast as my buddies 11 Apex XTX with 4,000. I'll agree the longer track and power steering does make for a much better ride but not quicker/faster.

I don't know anyone else with a Cat but my good friend who has 2 T660 Turbo's I think there call. 4 stroke Susuki powered. He has had more issues with them over the years. My wife and I have had many days riding with them were they wouldn't start or they broke down or over heat. I guess he didn't blow any motors for what that's worth.

My 06 Apex ER with 17,000 miles is just as fast as my buddies 11 Apex XTX with 4,000. I'll agree the longer track and power steering does make for a much better ride but not quicker/faster.
I guess we will see...my 07 Attak was a rocket...I never lost to another apex with it...it would stomp my buddies 06 rtx...I keep hearing the mid range is stronger on the 2011 or newer apex's. ..I know for a fact my Attak would eat my 1000 cat..I can only hope this xtx will do the same

I guess we will see...my 07 Attak was a rocket...I never lost to another apex with it...it would stomp my buddies 06 rtx...I keep hearing the mid range is stronger on the 2011 or newer apex's. ..I know for a fact my Attak would eat my 1000 cat..I can only hope this xtx will do the same
Brian you bought my 07 Attack which I replaced with 2 2011 Apex XTXs which now have over 12000 miles on them. I added Ulmers clutch kit and power commander to one of them this winter, ask Paul at Pat's Saturday when you pick UP your sled from Kip how my two sleds run NOW side by side. Enjoy your new XTX, you will like all the improvements like ESP,EXUP, and donuts that last till 10ooo miles!

Back