• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting Skid Shock Spring info

Until I get my Zbroz 160# spring, I guess a dual rate 160# spring should be better than the (115#?) stock spring? If I can get it from my local dealer for a decent price, that is!

Birkebeiner
Yes you will need to crank it up till dual rate is compressed. At that point it is essentially a straight rate which is what worked for me and reason I want the straight rate.

Yes you will need to crank it up till dual rate is compressed. At that point it is essentially a straight rate which is what worked for me and reason I want the straight rate.
I will try this because if I'am going with Zbroz's they will cost me 60+50 (shipping) X 30% ( canadian Exchange)...Near $ 150 buck for a spring...:confused:

Anyone with the Yamaha parts number for the 160# dual rate spring?

Cannondale in a previous post you mentioned cranking up center shock preload on the dual spring. Did you mean showing 1/2" of thread under the locking collar or did you mean cranking the collar 1/2 way up the threaded adjustment range???? Thanks.

Cannondale in a previous post you mentioned cranking up center shock preload on the dual spring. Did you mean showing 1/2" of thread under the locking collar or did you mean cranking the collar 1/2 way up the threaded adjustment range???? Thanks.
1/2 way up the adjuster range on mine.

Does any one have a part number to a 145 coil? Can't seem to find it and the dealer couldn't help me out...

Any more ride reports with the stiffer spring, in particular XTX? Everyone have tested it around the house, but anyone put some miles on it yet?

I've put 1500 kms, definitely a good improvement.
My next investment will be the hygear linkage, on the bumpy trails my wife's ltx just glides over them and I take a beating.

I have the Hygear linkage kit and Dual Pressure on order and on its way to me in the mail (I couldn't wait any longer, I just had to have it). I received the Zbroz 160# spring yesterday. Looking forward to test it all :)

Birkebeiner

I have the Hygear linkage kit and Dual Pressure on order and on its way to me in the mail (I couldn't wait any longer, just had to have it :D ). I received the Zbroz 160# spring yesterday. Looking forward to test it all :)

Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner

What springs are on the 16's.I've got the MTX 141.

Back