• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Iron Dog procross race sled

We are building two iron dog sleds out of my shop, anchorage yamaha. They will be riding viper rtx's, team 3, Dixon, Vasser. We are having a fundraiser tomorrow night to help sponsor them in the longest, hardest race in the world. Wish them luck and I'll keep everyone updated as to how well these things hold up to some serious long term abuse!

I thought it was interesting that they discussed the pro's and con's between the 2 & 4 stroke. The rumor I heard recently is that Davis and Simmons will be running the ZR7000. We'll see if that turns out to be true.

I would have thought Cat would push to have their 600 used for the race as it is new and their first in house built motor. The 600 looks like a fast setup in the procross chassis and super light weight. I am sure Cat will sell many of them this year.

They were crating up stuff at the race dept a couple of weeks ago. Everybody for AC will run the same stuff, at least the 2 top teams. Always fun to see how stuff shakes out. Very little pressure ever at AC to run the hot new company thing, usually it's the other way around. Figure out a way to win, and we will see how we can make a production sled out of it.

I could see them wanting both teams running the same sled. Way easier for prep, tuning and parts support along the 2000 mile course.

I was really hoping this would be the year we'd see a 4-stroke crack the top 5. On paper a 4-stroke is THE sled for this race. It never seems to work out that way in the real world.

For those unfamiliar with the race, the cool thing about the Iron Dog is the majority teams are running consumer sleds, not limited build race sleds.

Back