• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is my shock bad?

I have a 2008 RTX and it is sitting on roller wheels but when I push down on the rear bumper, the skid goes down like it should but then when I let go, it returns a little way but not all the way. I then have to pull it back up. Both of my RTX's do this and one has a shock that was brand new last year. Is this common? I have read that having on the rollers in the shop my be causing it. I dont want to send it in for a rebuild if I dont need to. How do you know that they are bad?

Take it off the dollies, push down & it should come back up to a degree. My RTX has like a 2-3" rear sag (looks like it shouldn't be setting the way it does, everyone thinks to jack it up) but has been re-valved for my weight (almost 300#) and barely bottoms out. My shock guy says if it bottoms once in awhile it's working properly.

Easiest way I tell is to pull the skid (good for yearly maintenance anyways) and take the shocks off, flip 'em over and push down on the floor and check to see for resistance & if they slowly come back out.

Back