• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is my subframe bent?

Jeffz

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX 40th
2007 Phazer "RTX"
Had the front end off to make some steering block bushings (Upbushman style) and noticed a bend in the square tubing at the bottom of the subframe. This isn't supposed to be here is it?

1003001408.jpg

1003001409.jpg

not sure. did you hold a striaght edge on it? or is it supposed to be a bit of a degree angled up?

how does the bottom or sides look? any cracking or paint come off?

i guess you'll see once you put it back together, if it takes some "finess" to get in place.

It's definitely not straight. It has a slight upward bend towards the back. Everything seems to line up when its on the sled and there is no cracked paint or anything.

maybe your ok. i'd go to a dealer & see if they have a phaz & ask to look at it.

my sled is 4hrs away or i'd look at mine.

i'll take a look at the phazers at the upcoming show in milwaukee and see if i find anything.

Excellent. If the holes didn't line up when when it's installed, I might be a little worried.

I have to take the a-arms off, then get the M10 out of the SX and get that ready for powdercoat and installation in the Phazer.

1004001720.jpg

RoicIND is correct, this is how they come. I looked at my new subframe that is still in the box and it has the same bend.

Jeremy said:
Any pics of your sled there XT-GT ????

sure do.

i have a thread for my build up a few pages back.
post is thanks OFT racing.

i don't want to highjack jeffs thread here.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 92

Back