• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is this what a bent subframe looks like?

With the new pics I still think it looks fine. Well at least it looks the same as mine. As said I would be more apt to think that an a-arm would bend now before the sub anyway. Like you said just ride the thing for the rest of the season and then if you are still worried take it in at the end of the season. As for measurements, 1/8" regarding the front end is pretty good in my book. Measuring to the tunnel will work but I wouldn't expect perfection or close, 1/8" is probably as good as you could expect. When you think about how many joints there are between the spindle and the tunnel the stack of tolerances becomes quite large.

Looks fine. Like others have posted & I'll back it up.... the shock are NOT centered & nor should they be.

THIS is what a bent subframe looks like.

Attachments

• subframe.jpg
    subframe.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 75
If your balljoints have been replaced already take it to yer dealer cuz your subframes bent.

Not to change the sudject sd5500 but If I were you I would throw shock bags on your fox's lots of my buddies are getting pitted shock shafts without them.

Weapon X said:
Not to change the sudject sd5500 but If I were you I would throw shock bags on your fox's lots of my buddies are getting pitted shock shafts without them.

really? Whats causing that, stones?

I guess so ,the aluminium is soft there I'm actually surprised how bad some of my buddies floats are. Some are so bad that the seals are getting destroyed then have to fill the pits with epoxy and sand the shafts down.

I guess so ,the aluminium is soft there I'm actually surprised how bad some of my buddies floats are. Some are so bad that the seals are getting destroyed then have to fill the pits with epoxy and sand the shafts down.

Re: Alatalo

LeeKo said:
Alatalo,
Just out of curiosity what measurements did you take and how far out were they from the factory?
From all four a-arms (ball joints) to a fixed point on the tunnel / footrest, and also cross measurements for the lower a-arms. I seem to remember that one of the a-arms on one side was like three millimeters off. I am not too worried about this, normal production tolerances I guess. I will look for my notes and tell you the exact numbers.

Back