• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

IS THIS WHAT THE 2011 APEX TEST RIDERS FELT ?????

Frozenstiff

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Arctic Cat Turbo
Went to the Ottawa sled show and talked to a Yamaha rep about the new APEX, great looking machine. He mentioned that it will have a 20 % boost in power in the mid-range and 10 % on top. That sounds great .We certainly don,t need more at the bottom. with all the torque that is already there. Is this what the test riders felt ? Wish I could of had a chance to ride one. Oh, and another observation, WHY WOULD CAT USE BABY DIAPER GREEN FOR THERE NEW COLOR ???. That was the talk of the show, but in such a bad way . :yam:

Oh Yeah! there is a definite difference in the power! you can feel that thing pull and pull and pull. The power band seems to be never ending!

Was also @ the Ottawa show. Cat colour is enough to turn your stomach. Going to order an SE based on all the great feedback from TYr's and Media. If half of what they say is true I'll be thrilled. Is it just me being Yamaha biased or do Cats and Poo's have the cheapest controls and details! Some of the controls and switches would look cheap on a snowblower! Guess I just bleed blue.

F7 Racer said:
3 grams more per arm tells me something changed...........

Is that the new 83 gram weights? I noticed the RPMs were down to about 10,200 when I test drove the new sleds.
I installed the new 83 gram weights on my 2007 Attak GT with 22/40 gearing. It never pulled as hard as it does now.
Jim

Like lots of guys from nytro side ,I would have liked a 50 lb reduction in weight over more electronics that become problematic in year 2or3. Gyzmos don't help much when going of trail. JMO. :Rockon:

#1APEXRIDER said:
Went to the Ottawa sled show and talked to a Yamaha rep about the new APEX, great looking machine. He mentioned that it will have a 20 % boost in power in the mid-range and 10 % on top. That sounds great .We certainly don,t need more at the bottom. with all the torque that is already there. Is this what the test riders felt ? Wish I could of had a chance to ride one. Oh, and another observation, WHY WOULD CAT USE BABY DIAPER GREEN FOR THERE NEW COLOR ???. That was the talk of the show, but in such a bad way . :yam:
I heard that rep guy also saying it had 20% more torque in mid range, I sure would like to see this on a dyno print out!!! Maybe AC shoud have given out free beer to make the slime green look better!!! :drink:

watersuper said:
10,200 could be the motor had not been broken in.

10,200 on the two I was on. [ I hate the new tach face. Nowhere near as nice as the sano one on my Apex and much harder to read.]

It was well broken in. 3500 km or so.

sleddheadd said:
Oh Yeah! there is a definite difference in the power! you can feel that thing pull and pull and pull. The power band seems to be never ending!

I couldn't tell if it was more powerful or not as I was riding my blown sled that day which needless to say blew the SE Apex away in a drag race.Yamaha Rep. and I went for a run after the demo day was over. I put the Yammie Rep on my RX 1 and I rode the SE. He smoked me in the race driving my sled.

Powerband on the SE was much smoother than my stock 06 Apex GT is, but I am not so sure I liked it better. I like the punch feel of my Apex.

However the old Apex needs mid-range and a little better clutching which I think the new one has. I would say it feels sneaky fast.

My stock GT is as good as an XP 800R down low and faster on top but I do lose a length and a half in the middle. I think the new Apex motor and clutching will likely fix that.

I was impressed enough that I sold the Apex GT to a friend and will order a 2011. Just a matter of deciding which one. Likely going to be the SE.

:Rockon:

Catman, The Yamaha rep was telling us about how they cleaned up the motor on the dyno. said there were no more flaws, The band was now equal all the way across.

Riceburner, That is funny that you mention a drag race! lol.... We actually did that on the TY demo ride. We ran Snowdog's apex, which is stock but well taken care of and if most people who know Kurt can attest. The sled is hard to keep up with. Then we had Mr. Sled on the new Apex SE. We wanted to do a real world report and just see how ththe new engine improvements stood up. These guys were not going to let up for nothing and The new Apex ended up in the winning.

sleddheadd said:
Catman, The Yamaha rep was telling us about how they cleaned up the motor on the dyno. said there were no more flaws, The band was now equal all the way across.

Riceburner, That is funny that you mention a drag race! lol.... We actually did that on the TY demo ride. We ran Snowdog's apex, which is stock but well taken care of and if most people who know Kurt can attest. The sled is hard to keep up with. Then we had Mr. Sled on the new Apex SE. We wanted to do a real world report and just see how ththe new engine improvements stood up. These guys were not going to let up for nothing and The new Apex ended up in the winning.

Could be the driver...LOL

cat hunter said:
#1APEXRIDER said:
I heard that rep guy also saying it had 20% more torque in mid range, I sure would like to see this on a dyno print out!!! Maybe AC shoud have given out free beer to make the slime green look better!!! :drink:

Those lime greens run 125 out of the box..........

Back