• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s finally over for Yamaha

What about parts for Yamaha made machines, Apex, Nytro, Vector, Venture, the old 2 strokes- how long before they ax these parts? I have heard they only supply parts 7 years after the machine is discontinued?
Already starting to happen. Try to buy a windshield for a FX Nytro. Good luck.

Do we need to remind you why Yamaha wanted Cat's chassis in the first place?
If they hadn't partnered with Cat years ago, Yamaha would have ended the sled division long ago.
Yes, Please do. Cat's chassis is the one that put them out!

What about parts for Yamaha made machines, Apex, Nytro, Vector, Venture, the old 2 strokes- how long before they ax these parts? I have heard they only supply parts 7 years after the machine is discontinued?
I hear a guy named Travis has a whole Barn Of Parts.....

Yes, Please do. Cat's chassis is the one that put them out!
When they started into the market with the VIper and 7000 it was greeted very well and sales seemed robust. But a multitude of teething issues with chassis and ECU a lot of those guys got turned off and went elsewhere. If they were die hard 4 st guys they went to ski doo. Otherwise BRP and Polaris benefitted overall from this.

By the time the SW came out it was getting too late. With lack of innovation and continued improvement people got bored. You cant have an industry brand with only one model.

Too bad. I still maintain, if Yamaha had interest they could have retained a reasonable market share. They let Cat have too much control and what few buyers were left - got abused.

My 10 cents
MS

. Cat's chassis is the one that put them out!
I would say lack of innovation and running the Delta Box chassis for over 10 years greased the slides. They (Yamaha as a whole) lost interest in the rather small market.
Blaming Cat in any way is a reach. They were the lifeline that extended the division another 11 years.

I would say lack of innovation and running the Delta Box chassis for over 10 years greased the slides. They (Yamaha as a whole) lost interest in the rather small market.
Blaming Cat in any way is a reach. They were the lifeline that extended the division another 11 years.
1968 thru 2018 Yamaha made their own chassis, 2018 they went to mostly cat chassis 5 years I would say cat chassis is the one that took them out!

The best riding and handling chassis that ever carried a Yamaha snowmobile engine is not the reason they are quitting the business. The lack of interest and continued shrinking market is. And that doesn’t just affect Yamaha.

I hear a guy named Travis has a whole Barn Of Parts.....

I have a part or two around here yet! I think most of us saw this coming, just really didn't want to believe it would happen. I have no plans to close up but certainly have to evaluate my future direction. I could certainly see reproduction of parts that become obsolete becoming a potential market for me if guys continue to run the Yamaha sleds. Motors will last and last so I still suspect will keep them going as long as they can get parts for them.

1968 thru 2018 Yamaha made their own chassis, 2018 they went to mostly cat chassis 5 years I would say cat chassis is the one that took them out!
Like I said, Yamaha lost interest in the market and subbed out their chassis. Otherwise they would have been out then or just kept running the dated chassis they had.
I am quite sure Cat did not hold them at gunpoint to use their chassis so they could " take them out."

If Cats new chassis does not improve sales and more interest Then Textron will cut their sled division also, they better slide a 850 in that chassis and a turbo 4 stroke soon, I give them 2-3 years at most and their done to.

Judging by sales, I would say the interest is there. Now it comes down to execution. If they have as many problems with this new chassis as they had in 2012 then there may be trouble.
On the other hand, people still buy Polaris sleds, and they have a bunch of problems.

Yamaha was testing the 998 turbo in the delta chassis before it went into the pro cross chassis.
The test machines were seen here in the UP.

Well too bad they gave up on us snowmobilers.
I wonder how many people will look elsewhere for their summer hobbies.

I just hope Yamaha continues with the SXS and ATVs, the Grizzley hasn't really changed much, few things but nothing major, they need a new paint designer in a bad way, the Griz colors are ugly, the new Re-max is a nice buggy though, the wolverine and there sport SXS hasn't changed much either, maybe the will put the 998T in a SXS.

I will always support Yamaha! I paid $25K for 2 Yamaha EX Limited 2022 Waverunners. On a Triton Aluminum trailer! Went to Lake Havasu. Arizona. From Brrmedji, MN! Last March. I was riding the Colorado River! With my Wife! She complained About being wore out. Her fault. Not mine. I just got $21500,00. For them and the guy who picked them up told me if they did not have Bluetooth. Speakers. He would not have bought them! Even if they were $18000,00 He even lost a $500.00 Deposit on his new bigger Yamaha. VX order. Because they could not deliver. What a strange trip it’s been. However the trip to Lake Havasu. Was the trip of a Lifetime! Thank you Yamaha!

Last edited:

Back