• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jump ship TO Yamaha stories

Redtailshark

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SX Viper
Spoke with a few people this weekend jumping from Polaris to Yamaha. The first one is a guy I've known for years and spent tons of money and motor jobs on Polaris for years. His 2014 Pro R burnt to the ground last year. This year He finally switched to a 2014 Viper. 675 miles and no issues. His only complaint is he tops out at 95mph and it darted a lot from the factory.

Next is a guy I know with a 2014 Assault....popped th motor with less than 2000 miles last night. He says warranty will fix in and then it's for sale. I'm assuming Yamaha will be his next purchase.

On a side note, all the showrooms are empty up in northern maine. They've been all selling very well.

I have a friend that's been a poo rider forever and his wife and son also have their own poo sleds and when his poo burnt up on the trail earlier this year he ended up buying a great looking 2009 Nytro XTX used sled with only 5,000 miles on it and now he tells me he's starting to bleed blue and loves the sled......he's wanting to have his wife ride my sons 2012 Vector with the EPS so she can see how nice of sled that is so he can also get her to change to a Yamaha......it was funny a few nights ago I went out for wings for dinner and there he was sitting at a table with his wife and son wearing a new Yamaha hat......he told me that he's a converted Yamaha man now and loving it.

A friend bought a 2004 Doo 800 from another friend and has had nothing but problems. Needed a tow first time out, blew the motor second time out, put in a used one and I had to tow him home next time out. He said that his next sled will be a 4 stroke....why do they have so much trouble saying the word? YAMAHA!

I hear ya......it seems alot of the other die hards struggle with saying the word......Yamaha........that's to funny

Friends 2013 Poo switchback 600 melted a piston at 2570 miles. He's fixing it under warranty but is too stupid to make a switch away from Poo. I don't know if he thinks this is normal.

after riding skidoo for 15 years 4 sleds and 8 motor jobs I could not take it anymore. I switched in 2011 and bought a nytro and have put on 5500km, no troubles other than my own doing. I have learned to deal with the weight. you cant have it all. lol nothing a few mods cant fix
IMG_0037.JPG

That's a great looking sled zx4ever and I can assure you that you have alot of miles left on that thing......that's as long as your doings don't take a toll on it.....lol......enjoy the durability and ride man.

I switched in 2006 to a Yamaha Attak. I had been on Polaris products for about twenty years. Loved the Yamaha power and ride. It is funny I have had Yamaha motorcycles since 1985 and they never let me down. :sled1:

looks like you have more than a few mods on that sled zx4ever. Care to share what you've done?
img_0037-jpg.106783

Last edited:
how ya dealing with your exhaust or am i missing something there in your picture?

Have a friend thats die hard artic cat bought brand new xf 8000 after 1100 miles and my old rx1 with 18k on it towing him off tug hillwhen it popped the moter then agian towed him off with a eletrical issue about 300 miles later after motor rebuild and then agian this past sunday 2600 miles motor went agian hes done all fixed under warrenty but hes coming to the blue side headed to snofest in old fordge next friday where both gonna get new yammis but the old rx will never leave my garage

I don't want to derail this thread. I have been meaning to start a thread about my mods. I call her the tree killer. a few mods are a ulmer turbo with under tunnel exhaust. Home built Kmod copied suspension,162 cat track home modified 3" forward a arms, rev seat and tank custom home made tunnel and box. Home built front bumper. Among tons of other mods. I am starting to get her dialed in now and the kinks out. Should be good for another 5000 km

I don't want to derail this thread. I have been meaning to start a thread about my mods. I call her the tree killer. a few mods are a ulmer turbo with under tunnel exhaust. Home built Kmod copied suspension,162 cat track home modified 3" forward a arms, rev seat and tank custom home made tunnel and box. Home built front bumper. Among tons of other mods. I am starting to get her dialed in now and the kinks out. Should be good for another 5000 km
That sled clearly deserves its own thread

I owned a 93 900 triple thunder cat, and a 94 900 triple thunder cat, both were pretty fast sleds. I didn't ride them as much as aim them down the trail, lol. after the 94 torched a piston (again) the 93 blew the chain case apart on the same trip, I jumped ship. I got tired of switching out all 3 plugs and loading it full of ether to get the 93 started every morning, and I was exhausted from wrenching and not riding during that trip. I did a MAJOR upgrade going to my Apex, I moved forward about 15 years in technology. I have been really, really pleased with my Apex overall. I have had to do absolutely nothing to the sled as far as repairs / broken parts to date, only maintenance. My only 2 gripes are that my front clickers have leaked fluid since 500 miles, and YES wouldn't cover it. but for less than $200 for revalve and rebuild on all 3 shocks and Im good to go. From what I have read, changing the valve stack on the EC ohlins on the mono skid during a rebuild really makes a difference in the performance of the shock. the other gripe is the graphics decals literally blew off the side pods the first time at the power washer. I actually didn't like them anyway, but thought it was really cheezy and low quality decals for that to happen.

Back