• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jump ship TO Yamaha stories

:yam:I have owned many 2 stroke 800 sleds,, Polaris and the last 2 being Skidoo with many many burndowns over the years. Finally Feb. 2013 I was on my big UP trip with my 2009 Skidoo 800 renegade in hancock Michigan 2nd day it goes down for the 3rd time, I snapped was done with sledding bla bla. I ended up getting towed to M&Mpowersports in hancock we were only 2 miles away, left 2 hours later with a 2013 nytro xtx-still in the crate. Now I have 3100 trouble free miles of smiles and I am the tow machine now. I'm sure you all have a skidoo tool set(Rope lol)

I know what you mean 04JRB on the decal issue, you do really need to be careful though with using a pressure washer on a snowmobile for not only the decal concern but many others. You certainly don't want to use to much pressure directly on bearings and things like that, but back on the lost hood decal.......my son and I noticed that the left side decal wasn't even on the top of the side panel on his 2012 Vector and my dealer actually ordered and mailed me a new one at no cost so after about 2 weeks of riding with it on we were in the shop cleaning and services the sleds getting ready for another ride and realized that the same decal was gone again.....Yamaha does something or has something on their plastic side panels that you can't even get the MI. registration stickers (3"x5") in size to even stick and I've lost several of them over the years so I hear what your saying......lol......I use a mild solvient to clean the panel first and now I'm actually spraying a 3m adhesive on the stickers now before applying them so I'll see how that works.

I know what you mean 04JRB on the decal issue, you do really need to be careful though with using a pressure washer on a snowmobile for not only the decal concern but many others. You certainly don't want to use to much pressure directly on bearings and things like that, but back on the lost hood decal.......my son and I noticed that the left side decal wasn't even on the top of the side panel on his 2012 Vector and my dealer actually ordered and mailed me a new one at no cost so after about 2 weeks of riding with it on we were in the shop cleaning and services the sleds getting ready for another ride and realized that the same decal was gone again.....Yamaha does something or has something on their plastic side panels that you can't even get the MI. registration stickers (3"x5") in size to even stick and I've lost several of them over the years so I hear what your saying......lol......I use a mild solvient to clean the panel first and now I'm actually spraying a 3m adhesive on the stickers now before applying them so I'll see how that works.

That's funny, I completely forgot to mention that I lost a registration sticker in less than a mile worth of riding. I got new stickers this year, and Im really careful about putting them on too. I used an alcohol swab after I pulled off the old one and before applying the new one. I went to Island lake (local small area to ride, no real trails. similar to old gravel pit) just to do a shake down run before my trip this weekend to the UP. I added sledstart HID's and put a Lake effect pivot riser in for this year and I wanted to test it out. The little bastard sticker flew off in a less than 20 minute ride and no faster that 50mph! Getting a new sticker from SOS was fairly painful, actually had to go into the offices and wait for 3 hours with other miserable people who are also waiting 3 hours, lol.

Ya that sucks.......the stickers this year for MI. are actually blue so they won't look to bad on my new blue 2014 Apex XTX......I've actually seen sleds were they've riveted plastic or aluminum plates to the side of the panels that they applied their stickers to and that looked like crap plus their drilling holes in their side panels.....lol.....between my 3m spray adhesive and running black electrical tape real nice around the perimeter I think I've got the problem solved.......you can't even see the black tape on the black plastic and so far so good.

Ya that sucks.......the stickers this year for MI. are actually blue so they won't look to bad on my new blue 2014 Apex XTX......I've actually seen sleds were they've riveted plastic or aluminum plates to the side of the panels that they applied their stickers to and that looked like crap plus their drilling holes in their side panels.....lol.....between my 3m spray adhesive and running black electrical tape real nice around the perimeter I think I've got the problem solved.......you can't even see the black tape on the black plastic and so far so good.
I have some ram tack adhesive i can use, thanks for that idea!

IMG-20150306-00968.jpg
I wish my employer would go back to Yamaha. Here is my work sled during today's ride.

Somebody has to get paid to ride. My new ride for the rest of the season is a 2009 VK Professional. It is funny that I can blow the doors off a 2015 Renegade 900 ACE on hardpack and powder. My coworker was blown away! I always said the 900 ACE is a woman machine.

Back