• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

I just finished my seasonal and additions on my SRX and for whatever reason this knockout kit had a much more dramatic effect than on my older XTX. I did switch to an Apex primary, although I have a hard time believing that was an attributing factor.

Typically the older clutches are much more noisy on the Sidewinder than the factory primary is, but don't have the roller & roller bushing problems the winder primary does. So if it's quieter, that is a really good thing!

Any of you guys that got a kit get any directions?

Yep, let me go take a picture.

6D04CC88-6652-4A4C-8FF3-C53DD4EDAABD.jpeg

How many ounces of grease came with your kit? Or anyone else know how many ounces are being supplied.

That I'm not sure, I just smeared about half of it on the inside of the splines on the stub shaft, and slapped it back together after using loctite on the housing bearing.

Just got my kit. Got on their chat and they emailed me directions, same as Mike posted. Thanks Mike.
Asked them how much grease....Reply:

"Attached are the instructions for the fix kit. You just need to use what is in the bag, just don't over grease it. "

Just got my kit. Got on their chat and they emailed me directions, same as Mike posted. Thanks Mike.
Asked them how much grease....Reply:

"Attached are the instructions for the fix kit. You just need to use what is in the bag, just don't over grease it. "
Wish they would say how many ounces that is. Would help if you have to do it again.

Gave this a little thought...I'm not exactly happy on Tapp's vagueness. But I suppose I've (and others) made a mountain out of a mole hill.
Once the splines all meet it's basically wiping out any additional Grease into the snubhub.
To me, common sense tells me to use barely enough just to cover the splines with a decent film.
Again I'm not exactly sure what any more additional grease that gets wiped off the spines will do for us?

Gave this a little thought...I'm not exactly happy on Tapp's vagueness. But I suppose I've (and others) made a mountain out of a mole hill.
Once the splines all meet it's basically wiping out any additional Grease into the snubhub.
To me, common sense tells me to use barely enough just to cover the splines with a decent film.
Again I'm not exactly sure what any more additional grease that gets wiped off the spines will do for us?
All I can tell you is so far I have done 2 of them and the amount of grease is what works. One I put just enough to coat everything and one I filled the splines and part in front of spline by the ring. More grease made it quiet. If you still have knock then check your rollers and pins. I have a few more to do so I will report back.

Back