• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Ill post a new vid over there. All I can hear is my muffler.
Note: Earlier in this thread knappattack heard clutch noise come back @ 5,000rpms. And no 1 here responded to it. Might have to go back a few pages. And I'm sure He didn't get a chance to field test it, And probably tested it in his shop. Lack of snow being The main problem

Hold the phone, I certainly didn't say that. I haven't even fired up the sled yet since installing the kit. My sled is still in piece awaiting final assembly.

I said that the clutches always rattle in that 4000-5000 RPM range, even the machines with TAPPs on them that I've installed. The 1200 Doo triples do the same thing, and they don't have any stub shafts with splines. Do I think the ring with grease is going to help, I don't expect it will help there at that RPM range no. From the videos it seems to help a machine at idle on the Yamaha primaries, but the TAPP is fine at idle, so we'll see what it does once the snow flies, but IMO I don't see it doing much at that 4000-5000 RPM range. If it does great, if not oh well, not out much money anyway, it's worth a try.

Hold the phone, I certainly didn't say that. I haven't even fired up the sled yet since installing the kit. My sled is still in piece awaiting final assembly.

I said that the clutches always rattle in that 4000-5000 RPM range, even the machines with TAPPs on them that I've installed. The 1200 Doo triples do the same thing, and they don't have any stub shafts with splines. Do I think the ring with grease is going to help, I don't expect it will help there at that RPM range no. From the videos it seems to help a machine at idle on the Yamaha primaries, but the TAPP is fine at idle, so we'll see what it does once the snow flies, but IMO I don't see it doing much at that 4000-5000 RPM range. If it does great, if not oh well, not out much money anyway, it's worth a try.
Sorry, Mike....misread what you said.

Here's a video of my sled running after knockout kit. If someone wants to analyze it.

Those without bookface can't see that video....

I will send it to earthling right now, thru messenger. Maybe he can find a way....lol. Show us some of your magic.
I'm sorry things are so complicated But the limited storage on my phone forces me to delete everything.
Sent the Link to earthling, he may have to join the group.

I wondering if the grease is heating up and getting more "fluid" which results in less cushioning effect. Once it cools off a bit, the grease thickens and quiets things down again. IF that is true, a different grease might solve that issue.
I've been saying this all along. I have grease to fit the bill, but just got the kit and haven't had time to install it yet

I've been saying this all along. I have grease to fit the bill, but just got the kit and haven't had time to install it yet
Me too....And I'm not saying that will be the end all solution.
As we speak my My video is being carefully analyzed And will then be scrutinized.
He will use the best digital Audio diagnostic equipment one can find. To carefully assess the very little new noise my clutch may make.
But after a month of research, I've never heard anybody say it is a 100% cure. Most people say they still hear some clutch noise.
I would say once warmed up Thoroughly There is a change in the harmonic disturbance caused by The grease loosing it's ability To provide a barrier between the 2 splines

Last edited:
Even Hurricanes noise reduction shaft that I have had installed for many years on my Winder does not completely eliminate all clutch noise but it does substantially reduce the noise so as its not even noticeable unless you are concentrating on listening for the slightest noise.
Heck my Attak has clutch noise as well just not much.
Nature of the beast with centrifugal clutches.

You want a quiet clutch? Get a TEAM, ADAPT or PB80....Despite internet folklore, I've had zero issues with my TEAM. Yet had issues with a sidewinder clutch (and had to deal with the annoying sound to top it off). All clutches have some flaws in my opinion. Pick your poison.

Someone reported to me that the idea of putting in a very unique bearing in the hub would be something to look at.
He was very descriptive as to it being a possible solution. But I will continue to give this product hopes.

I think the poster is on to something.

Here are his thoughts....
Doc Harley what I’m thinking is speaking to a high end bearing manufacturer (Boca , SKF, Timkin, ect) for a far superior stub shaft bearing.

Does anyone have the bearing size or model number?

I’m thinking that a hybrid deep groove bearing that has a tighter clearance, precision ceramic balls and more of them, which would diffuse a lot of this frequency. That is my thought.

Someone reported to me that the idea of putting in a very unique bearing in the hub would be something to look at.
He was very descriptive as to it being a possible solution. But I will continue to give this product hopes.

Doc Harley what I’m thinking is speaking to a high end bearing manufacturer (Boca , SKF, Timkin, ect) for a far superior stub shaft bearing.

I’m thinking that a hybrid deep groove bearing that has a tighter clearance, precision ceramic balls and more of them, which would diffuse a lot of this frequency. That is my thought.

The noise is coming from the clutch. If you are looking for a solution to fix the noise with the current clutch then the hurricane noise ring should help but just a bearing is not going to do it. You need either mass that overcomes the harmonics or isolation from the harmonics. Or a completely different clutch design. Always turn the problem around, what is the problem with the current bearing that a different bearing will address?

Bearing on its own hasn't yielded the results I was looking for. Normal clearance bearing with a Nytro stub shaft however...:

Which video are you interested in Stain. I don't have youtube, but can host the files for you if you want to grab them.

The noise is coming from the clutch. If you are looking for a solution to fix the noise with the current clutch then the hurricane noise ring should help but just a bearing is not going to do it. You need either mass that overcomes the harmonics or isolation from the harmonics. Or a completely different clutch design. Always turn the problem around, what is the problem with the current bearing that a different bearing will address?
This is most likely true. To be honest I never looked into it, And the noise doesn't bother me so much.
I'm more concerned as to wether or not the knockout kit Will provide a solution To the people who are looking for one.

Which video are you interested in Stain. I don't have youtube, but can host the files for you if you want to grab them.
I'm pretty sure he wants to hear my file That you've been analyzing for over the last 3 hours.
Please provide the team your professional analysis of my clutch running after installing the knockout kit.
More specifically, the video of it running just after start up.

Last edited:

Back