• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Headlights

I just installed a pair from Rock and I'm kind of concerned after installing and running the sled in the garage the lights flicker when I rev up the sled from the vibration of the triple! Does anyone else have the same thing while parked and revving it up???

I just installed a pair from Rock and I'm kind of concerned after installing and running the sled in the garage the lights flicker when I rev up the sled from the vibration of the triple! Does anyone else have the same thing while parked and revving it up???

That could be a ballast problem, not supplying the right amount of power to the light. Check your battery. And it could be the light as well. Try switching the ballast and see if that changes anything. Or the light assembly could be loose. Just a thought.

Flicker or vibrate? Flicker is like on and off. Vibrate is just that vibrate or dance around a bit. HIDS vibrate a bit and you can notice it! Is that what your seeing!

Well check your headlight assembly. Maybe just loose. Or one of the lights is loose in the housing.

Normal for them to vibrate a bit! Ride them and all you notice is awesome light. The vibration you notice can't be seen when running down a trail. Heck I can barely see mine when sitting still. Non issue I would say. Best money I ever spent! Well except maybe for Snowtrackers I think they tie!

I have about 15,000 miles and 7 years on the first set he sold me with Zero issues. Second set has a year and 3,000 miles on them and where so easy to install my wife could have done it. Plug and play! Rock checks them out tests them and only sells them if they pass with his approval. If you have questions Rock is the guy to ask. If there is something wrong he has the answers!

I have not heard of anything bad about the HID's he sells ever! Rock supports this site and I support Rock all the way!

Last edited:
you guys are nuts,stock headlights are plenty plenty good for riding..waste of money

you guys are nuts,stock headlights are plenty plenty good for riding..waste of money

Yep. Them stock headlights are perfectly good for riding during the DAY. Waste of time and money if you don't drive at night.
:rolleyes:
The three biggest complaints on Yamaha sleds 1. They are heavy 2. They have terrible hand warmers 3. They have terrible headlights

What sled are you driving??

Ya I would have to say that HID lights made it fun to drive at night! Way more vision!! When people are ahead of me or behind me they always come up to me and say thanks for the light! I'll ride at night with you anytime! I light up the whole trail!! It is awesome! Yes of course you can get by with stock lights, but HId make a huge improvement!

Hey if you adjust them properly and run them on high beam you can get by with stock i had done it for years. then i rode with Super Sled from this site and he had rocks hid kit and he made a shadow in my head lights when he was behind me. I could not belive the diffrence and went ahead and got some and will never have a sled without them again. at night we need to see as far as we can with all the deer we have on our trails. the only people that think the hids are no use are the ones who have not seen them in action.

I looked on Rocks website, I can't see anything about HID's. I have bought handwarmers and power supply from him, and I trust his stuff completely. Any links to the lights?

I had an SRX from back then. Wasn't the big innovation something about "300W rare earth magneto to power the projector headlights " Yup, mind-blowing game changer there, that was never topped in the sledding industry. Oh my!

I would have agreed with you before trying them, now I have installed HID's in three sleds. My daughter hated riding at night until now!

Yep they are but if you think the stock lights are plenty plenty good the HID's are even ginormously enormously gooder and worth every penny of the money.

Back