• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left Boot Syndrome

Yes.... that hole sucks water thru like crazy.....

Also the foam tape I added, I ran all the way back to the exchangers to be sure that I had all the gaps closed up.

RowdyRoddy said:
I wonder if this issue has been addressed with the 09?

RR

MY DEALER ADVISED THEY HAD A FIX FOR THE O9'S, HOWEVER HE WAS NOT SURE IF THERE WAS ANYTHING AVAILABLE TO DATE TO ADDRESS THE 08'S.

Sorry about the capitols.

Hopefully you'll have no problems with wet feet next year RR.

To stop my left boot from getting wet, all I did was zip-tied a piece of plastic to the metal holes and that did the trick! All other vents have been left open. It doesn't solve the issue of water coming into the clutch area, but it does keep my foot completely dry!! ;)!

I thought I saw a pic of a plate under the clutches to keep the water from shooting up into the clutches and into the footwell! I'll keep lookin'!

skyboz said:
I thought I saw a pic of a plate under the clutches to keep the water from shooting up into the clutches and into the footwell! I'll keep lookin'!

I saw that too but for the life of me I can't remember where. :o|

Attachments

• t_upload5_605.jpg
    t_upload5_605.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 132
The 09 comes with bracket pictured above. This is my understanding but haven't seen first hand.

Got it

I picked up the "no wet left boot aluminum plate" from the dealer today. Around $20 - depending on your personal parts discount with your dealer.
Part # YA8GL-2197B-00-00 Frame Protector

Attachments

• DSC00917.JPG
    DSC00917.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 111

Back