• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left Boot Syndrome

I don't think that heat is 100% of the problem! There definitely is two issues! One, the seat needs to be sealed or the melting snow needs to be diverted so it does not run onto the footwells. This is how my pants got wet. They were only wet on the tunnel side and my front left side were water was shooting out of the clutch side vents. Which leads to the second issue. I popped off my side panel, clutch side, and there was water in the bottom of it, as well as the area under the clutches. You could also see that water was shooting out of the plastic vents, and I'm positive it was coming out of the metal holes as well. The heat may be part of the problem, but sealing certain areas to stop all the water from coming in, is the biggest!!

Good boots and good pants work for me. Its snowmobiling if you dont use quality gear your going to get wet. my only concern is all that water coming from under the seat then it freezes on the tunnel. There has to be some sort of gasket to fix that. As for the wet boot thing its not an issue anymore

unpride said:
Good boots and good pants work for me. Its snowmobiling if you dont use quality gear your going to get wet. my only concern is all that water coming from under the seat then it freezes on the tunnel. There has to be some sort of gasket to fix that. As for the wet boot thing its not an issue anymore

Well, I feel like I have good stuff! How come the right doesn't get wet??? Water is sneaking in someplace and it should be sealed off!! Don't get me wrong, it never disturbed my day of riding, BUT, when I got back, the outside layer of my pants were wet, and so was my left sock!!!

Now i have got 240km on my sled on very bad trails and powder. I had my left foot wet after my first ride and after that it has been as dry as always when snowmobiling...

Now these streems of water u have on the tunnel i havent seen anything of. Maybe the sleds we get in scnainavia are better asembled :tg:

I am not trying bash anyone but i think that on a thread like this it can be said ALOT of negative things about an issue that according to me isnt that big of a problem... And alot of those that havent ridden theirs yet start to worry about things before they have ridden it...!!! So i thought i would say that i havent had any biggies about it yet...

fist time out both me feet got wet. Yes left was in a puddle of water but my right foot was damp. Klim gear is the way to go! Honestly I didnt realize how good the stuff was until I bought it

I shouldn't say it's a big problem or a problem at all!!! It's an issue!! LOL!! It's not like the sled isn't ridable! All I'm trying to say is that it has effected many on here, and it annoys some more than others, and it's something that should be taken care of. That's all!

I just wish they could put a gasket or something under that seat a big rubber o-ring or something. It just sucks when you pull up to the bar everyone's checking out your sled and it looks like an ice cube. This is totally off topic but is more of a concern for me all that ice build up.

unpride said:
I just wish they could put a gasket or something under that seat a big rubber o-ring or something. It just sucks when you pull up to the bar everyone's checking out your sled and it looks like an ice cube. This is totally off topic but is more of a concern for me all that ice build up.

I agree, man! A gasket of some sort that goes on the bottom of the seat or something. Like a rubber seal or some sort of weather stripping. Maybe even box in the muffler with more aluminum!! :dunno: As far as the ice build up. I noticed it almost all comes off when you hit some bumps!!! LOL!!

Yeah alot of it does come off when hitting bumps. Weather stripping? Thats a real good idea!!! Is it difficult to get the seat off?

I did this and it had no effect reducing left wet boot

Did you plug the hole in the tunnel as I suggested??

I have not had a wet foot since I made my changes listed above Allens.

Back