• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lighter Steering?

nytrose

Pro
Question about lighter steering. I did the shim and rubber mod on my factory skiis,and it helped alot for hunting/darting. But I still have very heavy steering which i think has increased because of it. My arms are sore!!

ok i have not seen shimmed skis, can someone post a pic of where the shim goes in relation to the ski rubber. Mine darts a bit sometimes on the hardpack with many tracks, wondering about giving it a try.

The shim goes on the rear of the rubber Zakre. There is a pic in the TY Tec section ( on the home page of the site )

Nytros, from my experience shimming take away a bit of the heavy steering as it allows full use of the carbide as opposed to the first half of the carbide digging into the surface. I have my Nytro shimmed about 1/4 of on a inch and run C&A's, my steering is not heavy at all.

a ski that has a profile with a lot of rocker will give lighter steering. The camoplast blow molded skis a cheap and realy lighten up the steering.

Allthough I am a big fan of shaper bars, on the nytro they do make the steering alot more heavy. I recommend a regular round 6" bar.

If you do get the camaplast skis, they require a little modification to fit the nytro (easy)

Back