• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Load control relay

The5zops

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 yamaha venture rs
Can anyone tell me the location of the load control relay on a 2006 venture rs. I just purchased and none of my lights or guages work. I also can not get the sled started. I think the fuel pumps my need to be primed. Thanks

that sounds like the fuse is burnt on the main starter relay under the air box on the right side of the sled.

to help the pumps prime/fill the float bowls, most guys pressurize the gas tank by blowing into the vent hose while cranking it over.

The lights and gauges won't come on until the engine is running. The load relay is controlled by the ECU which won't send the control signal to active the relay until it detects that the engine is running. You might be able to turn the guage on manually by holding the thumb warmer control and then turn the key on and wait for 10 secs or so. I don't remember if you hold the thumb control up or down.

If the engine cranks over but won't start pull the air box cover and mist some gas into each of the carb openings then try it. I use a cheap spray bottle full of gas to do this. Sometimes I also cup my hand over the carb openings while cranking to help suck the gas in.

Back