• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for helpwith Nytro track swap in SW New Hampshire

NH_Nytro

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
2007 Rs Vector
I am wondering if anyone close to Sw New Hampshire would be willing to guide me through a track swap on my Nytro, I am extending it to 144'' and am a little worried about pulling the chaincase and driver having not done it before, if you can help please post or Pm me. Thank you

Thank you guys, I just ordered the rail extensions, is there anything else I will need besides chaincase fluid? I will watch for bad bearings as I pull it apart.

You may want to order a new driveshaft gear bolt, yours will probably come out in pieces. Or you can run w/out it. Also may want to consider extrovert drivers. What I did was bought a used driveshaft, sent it out and had them install extros and a new speedo bearing at the same time. Also replace the driveshaft bearing on the chaincase side, no point in putting it back together with an old bearing. If you can find someone to help, even if they have no knowledge of sleds/chain cases, it will help to have a second set of eyes on the chaincase to help remember how everything goes, or maybe take pics for you. Keep a close eye on the order of spacers/washers/gears when you take everything apart. Try to place the items on a clean rag in the proper order so you can put it all back together easier. When you go to put the chaincase cover back on, you will have to hold the chain tensioner in the correct position (it'll try to flop down in the way of the cover due to gravity) while sliding the cover on, while also dropping the reverse fork into place at just the right time. It is tricky and will take you a few tries, but not overly difficult. When all is said and done and you notice how much slop there is in your secondary, you will question whether you put everything back together properly, but it's normal! Check it before you start the assembly so you know how much play there is and can be reassured at teh end that nothing has changed.

Good luck, it's actually kind of a fun project. The directions referenced above are really good.

also digital pictures as you take it apart can help with the re-assembly.

Well finally got up the balls to pull the chaincase and swap things out, lots of parts as mentioned but actually very straightforwarward, broken bottem bolt which after reading I decided to leave it that way since so many people have been running it that way without trouble, reinstalling the skid today and swap tunnel extensions, then on to the steering relocation, spindle bushings and doo 6.9's can't wait for season!! couple all that to my new place in the snow zone of New Hampshire and this should be a kick #*$&@ winter!!

Well finally got up the balls to pull the chaincase and swap things out, lots of parts as mentioned but actually very straightforwarward, broken bottem bolt which after reading I decided to leave it that way since so many people have been running it that way without trouble, reinstalling the skid today and swap tunnel extensions, then on to the steering relocation, spindle bushings and doo 6.9's can't wait for season!! couple all that to my new place in the snow zone of New Hampshire and this should be a kick #*$&@ winter!!

Let me know how that tunnel extension install goes? As I told you when I sold it most of the rivet holes should match up.

Hey Travis, it went on well the lines are close and you were right most did line up fine, thank you again for a great deal:)

Back