• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for info on a mpi supercharger

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Yamaha apex
Hello my super charger pulleys are 27 bottom 22 top how many pounds of boost is it putting out guy told me it was a stage 3 bit another guy who worked on sled said it was a stage 1 he said it was putting out about 7 to 8 pounds of boost does that sound right I have never had running am rebuilding motor right now

Hello my super charger pulleys are 27 bottom 22 top how many pounds of boost is it putting out guy told me it was a stage 3 bit another guy who worked on sled said it was a stage 1 he said it was putting out about 7 to 8 pounds of boost does that sound right I have never had running am rebuilding motor right now
should be 10-11.8 depending on your elevation. just watch your not over reviving the supercharger. it would be best to have a temp gauge on the supercharger. i wouldn't run anything more than 26 bottom and 22 top.
this may sound stupid but you are running an a/f gauge right? the reason i asked was i couldn't run the 26/22 pulley combo until i upgraded my fuel system. the machine would run fine for the first 400ft then it would show 12.5 and lean out. if i didn't get off the throttle, i'd have a new boat anchor.

Yep
should be 10-11.8 depending on your elevation. just watch your not over reviving the supercharger. it would be best to have a temp gauge on the supercharger. i wouldn't run anything more than 26 bottom and 22 top.
this may sound stupid but you are running an a/f gauge right? the reason i asked was i couldn't run the 26/22 pulley combo until i upgraded my fuel system. the machine would run fine for the first 400ft then it would show 12.5 and lean out. if i didn't get off the throttle, i'd have a new boat anchor.
it has an a/f gauge on it but when I took sled apart I seen the probe was buggered so will have to order new one of those , thanks for the info I am from the flat lands of saskatchewan the sled is set up for flat lands I will likely never go to mountains , I will post results once I get engine back together and running

How
How can you tell the difference with the stage 1 to a stage 2 or a stage 3 is it just pulley change up or are the superchargers different ?

Back