• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for Tuning Guru for asphalt Apex

Im guessing code 13 is for the pressure sensor which locks the air pressure at a safe median.
Then code 22 is for the temp sensor which locks it at a safe temp.

With the tuner you are using are you able to adjust ECM parameters such as the air temp range?

Just feel like the atmospheric variables are outside the parameters of the stock ECM and the ECM is retarding timing to keep the engine safe which would explain the bogging when heated up.

Sorry If I'm not a help I am coming strictly from automotive experience not Sled

You also said you were having issues with your 02 sensor. Did you ever end up getting any AFR's when you were having the bogging issues?

On the afr gauge at idle it was 13.5, Then when on the 2 step it went full right and gauge goes to 16. Then on launch it goes right to 12.5, just what it is set for and recommended. with the launch so rich we were 2 10s slower in the 60'.

And it stayed the same even when you were experiencing the slower times. Do you have engine temp readings?

sent using my personal communication device

The afr goes to 12.5 right past the 60' and stays the same all the way to the end. I am trying to figure out how to put a video up

Dumb thought. There are threads on here about apex's having bogging issues. Have you ever checked or tested your Throttle Position Sensor with a multimeter to make sure it was reading out the right voltage/resistance. I think 2006 model year had an issue with those.

The only time it boggs is with auto tune hooked up. I unhooked it for a test run and we picked up our 2 tenths on the 60' and went back to running a 11.15 from a 11.23

You know it really sounds like you are suffering from the engine suffering from "heat sink" after multiple runs. what are you doing for staging in between runs to help the system cool down?

I have read drag threads about these apex engines. They like to hold heat and it is hard to get them cooled down for the next run.

We come back and flush the hot water out and when restarted it is around 100. Engine is always 130 at starting line.

Back