• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Gas Mileage - Anyone else?

70ece9bc129a65695744de521a3b635a.jpg

Still breaking it in, and I haven't had it over 6k yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smart thinking!

I think more of the point is some places up north in ontario you have to go 100 miles to get gas in between stops.( or fuel caddy's) It would be ideal to know how far you can go.

I'm sorry but this adds nothing to the post.

I read the post title and thought to my self....are you effin kidding me?

You've got a 200hp+ rocket between your crotch and you're complaining about the MPG's? TFF!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry guys....just had to say it. Mod's delete if you want.

It wont be deleted because that was my same thought...even if you are trying to gauge mileage.. put some miles on the damn thing.. at least 1000.

I want a sled that gets close to or more than 100 miles. 75 miles on 3/4 tank is 100 miles per tank. I'm carrying a Rotopax anyway. Gonna have to be a little more scientific (do the math - over a little more time as well) than the OP to actually find out how far it can go.

My first supercharger would get 6 mpg.. lol, but since then have learned to clutch it and set the right tune for fuel and its now close to 10. I would guess no matter how hard you drive a SideWinder you should get 100 miles from a tank once broke in and set correctly.

I'd like to balance h/p & efficiency. A 200tubo that can achieve 100 miles per tank. then start looking at 100.....

How much fuel do these sleds hold?

I'm sorry but this adds nothing to the post.

I read the post title and thought to my self....are you effin kidding me?

You've got a 200hp+ rocket between your crotch and you're complaining about the MPG's? TFF!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry guys....just had to say it. Mod's delete if you want.
They must not know its SMILES per gallon not MILES per gallon.

I would have liked to seen a bigger gas tank on this rocket ship, I don't care about mpg but I understand the point of trying to get to the gas station on long hauls. I often come close on running out of gas on my trip from christmas to baraga and trail 14 is pure wilderness. I'm just as scared to mount a jerry can because of bent tunnels posted on this site.... I love my apex :(

I would have liked to seen a bigger gas tank on this rocket ship, I don't care about mpg but I understand the point of trying to get to the gas station on long hauls. I often come close on running out of gas on my trip from christmas to baraga and trail 14 is pure wilderness. I'm just as scared to mount a jerry can because of bent tunnels posted on this site.... I love my apex :(

If "they" wanted a touring sled, they should have bought a touring sled. I may be wrong but I didn't see any Yamaha marketing materials saying this was a big miles touring sled. I remember the days when sleds had 7 gal. gas tanks and the big HP motors would get 8mpg (when conditions were perfect). 56 mile range........we made sure we didn't pass up a gas stop, or take a route that didn't have gas.

If tunnels are bending with gas cans mounted, well, make up your own reinforcement. Don't wait for Yamaha or any other OEM to admit there's a problem and come up with a fix. The season is too short as it is. Just Do It! ;)!:yam:

Agreed. Currently searching for a cheap water jet fabricator for my tunnel reinforcement plates for my Seat Jack.

Not to derail the thread but in the "one off" fab work world, nothing will be cheap. You doing aluminum or post coated SS?

Back