• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maine Riding????

MarkRTX

Expert
Anyone riding in Maine? Where? how are the trails setting up? Been checking and looks like evryone got all rain on Friday how bad was the damage?

bump

Im interested too. Where's the most southern Maine location that has snow on the ground now. I plan on making a trip north tomorrow/friday or the weekend if this storm dumps some decent snow but I want to go where there is snow now that will make a good base for this new snow. Dont feel like driving to Rangeley though.

thanks

I rode 110 miles around Katadin area in Maine sunday. see my other post. 8 to 12 in on its way today through tomorrow! :-o :-o :-o

I plan on heading to the Bingham or possibly Newport area on Sunday. I'd go Saturday but gotta figure out why I'm having run quality issues after I installed my new PC5 from Ulmer racing. Plus I gotta get to my town office tomorrow to get my sled registered and Saturday gotta get my sled at Woodys and pickup my boys F7 from the shop so can't make it till Sunday and thats if everything goes right. I'll keep you posted on conditions.

Piston farm reports 22 in on the ground this morning, trails should be good up that way! Millinocket area reports about 17 in and Grooming now on all ITS and almost all local trails. Not sure about newport area. :-o

I just got back from trailering 10 minutes north to North Berwick (knights Pond) and there was a foot of snow. 3 inches at my house and 10 minutes away there was over a foot. Decent riding with a good base. Im happy for the first ride of the year. Boy am I out of shape.

I was told there was about a foot on the ground before the storm in the Greenville Kingsbury pond area. I'm either trailing to the Bingham area or Newport area. Hope to get a good cruise in for the first ride of the season 120 or so miles would be a good run. I'll report back Sunday after my ride. Ride safe but ride like Hell.

Just got back a couple hours ago from a ride from the Bingham to the Forks. Trails were ok especially for this time of year the biggest factor I think is the snow is so dry and fluffy its hard for the groomers to do much but pan it. Only did 110 miles but had my son so it was a great day in my opinion. He does great for a 12 year old on his mom's Skidoo 600 SDI Renegade. Been riding motorized things since he was 4 so he's good to go. Don't read into some of the signs the route to the Forks on 87N is different and a bit more miles than it use to be just for your info. Love my new 2011 Apex SE best Apex I've owned to date. Ride safe but ride like Hell

Back