• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX 270 hp

4kops

Lifetime Member
Anyone running one of these kits? Haven't heard a ton about any of the kits really. Going to do one just not sure who's yet.

After running MCX turbo on a Phazer I would lean towards MPI if for no other reason than service.

MCX control box, takes over a week to get

MPI supercharger belt less than 36 hours to get

I had other MCX issues that will preclude using them again. MPI for me if and when we boost our Viper.

I have a MPI 190 kit and I love it so far. I'm only running around 3.5-4 pounds of boost right now cause I don't have my gauge hooked up yet. But it goes really good, can only imagine how good it will go with 7 pounds of boost. I have raced a couple of 800's and beat them pretty good, so with 3-4 more pounds of boost I should be killing them! I'm excited to get my gauges hooked up! :Rockon:

I have had really good luck with mcx mark leipheimer was great to deal with he was willing to help with everything and all you had to do was call and he would call you back asap if you did not get him....that being said I am not going with a mcx personally I will be using dave from hurricane performance kit which will be a stage 2/ custom setup and his customer service along with the vast knowledge of the Yamaha power plants and tuning makes it an easy choice my viper xtx will be powered by Hurricane.

Back