• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mid Pipe

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
Is their an easy way to remove exhaust pipe fro turbo to manifold? Mine seems to be a booger to remove and make it move period. Yes, I loosened clamps...lol

First spread the clamps enough that you can actually move them off the flange...if that doesn't work you may have to loosen exhaust manifold so you can establish some movement then it should come right off.

Assuming a little heat might help......away from tank! Lol

Thanks, one of the tabs for the heat shield broke off and I need it fixed. Speaking of heat shield, didn’t Yamaha come out with an update for it?

Some have had to loosen 4 bolts (on cross-spar) holding the turbo on. Many of the sleds where that pipe won't come off have loose bolts holding the front spars in place up to top pyramid. Sled has sagged downward.
Put floor jack under sled right in front of drive axle. Loosen bolts for spars slightly, apply lift with jack enough to almost lift sled up, then tighten up all bolts both ends of all spars). Sled will now keep it's "shape" because frame is now rigid. Mid pipe will come right off.

It came right off with no problems and my pipe is all fixed by my welder friend. Thanks again for all the help guys. I don’t know what I would do without this forum cause I have no local Yamaha dealer at all. I fix everything myself with the help from all you guys on here. Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Back