• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI 180 supercharger clutch question

ehenry56

probably a question answered on here somewhere but I couldn't find an answer searching for it, the new weights that come with the kit. How do you properly install the rivets in them? I can't imagine you just let them sit in the weight and hope the spinning motion of the clutch keeps them in place but I guess I could be wrong. stock looks like they were smacked with a punch. clutch kit, tunnel cooler, are left out of the Destructions with the kit and gems controller operating instructions not in it either but I found the gems info on there site and the tunnel cooler I was able to figure out with common sense. Damn clutch is like fricken rocket science lol. any help would be appreciated.

Allen Ulmer is the resident clutching guru around here, and would be my reccomendation for the one to ask about clutching. You can find him in the vendor area.

I think I'm safe in saying that most people who change their clutching use a different type of primary arm (like the ones Ulmer sells) that have a set screw type weight in them for easier adjustments. I know I wouldn't personally mess with trying to change rivets in a stock type arm, especially if I'm not 100% sure that the rivets are the exact weight needed for my sled.

well the kit comes with new arms and the rivets that go in them and tells me where each rivet goes just doesn't tell me if they just sit in the arm or are some way fastened to it.

ehenry56 said:
well the kit comes with new arms and the rivets that go in them and tells me where each rivet goes just doesn't tell me if they just sit in the arm or are some way fastened to it.

Note the difference between each side of the weight
clutch8_zps8dd3e81d.jpg

This shows the right way to put the rivets in.
clutch9_zpsa18c5cac.jpg

Flip it over and smash the back side so they don't come out.
clutch10_zpsfefa537e.jpg

Back