• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTN Tech shorty or full skidplate

terez

Expert
Beaten quite a bit I know...

Lookin for experience livin with either or both for a while?

The only downside I see to the full version is potential ice build up?
Anyone using the full version eperiment with a few bigger holes in the plate to evac snow?

Thanks

I have the full, no extra holes, just stock. Has not been a problem, sure some snow gets packed in there, but just brush it out and good to go again.

have the full for more than 1 year, go for the full.
sure, you will have ice and snow buildup but like JB said it, just clean it every ride and you will never have any problem.

love my long one....about 10000km on it...

Do you guys keep your sleds inside? Mine sits out and I find the powder turns to ice very quickly as you're riding. I've been a little concerned about ice buildup with the long as well.

Do you guys keep your sleds inside? Mine sits out and I find the powder turns to ice very quickly as you're riding. I've been a little concerned about ice buildup with the long as well.
After every trip mine goes in heated garage to thaw out, if it sits out all the time and never gets to thaw out I don't think it would matter what kind of skid plate you have on eventually ice will build up.

mine's outside most of the winter but bring it in every now and again for maintenance (grease, blow out clutch) and sometimes to thaw...

IMG_20140313_193808_121.jpg
I have the shorty skid plate installed on mine. Have no issues at all.

Full for me it's the long. Snow and ice gets in there but doesn't cause any issue. IMO, the longer plate helps deflect impacts with the larger surface area and therefore is stronger.

I have a short version as well with no problems- FAR superior to stock, for the $$$ much better than that plastic garbage.
Short or long, hit something hard enough to do damage you'll know it.

Last edited:

Back