• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My experience with over 800 miles on the fx nytro

I was wondering why you robbed a pic of my sled...... LOL. I was looking down some posts and thought "hey, I didn't post that!". No worries, I don't mind, just was confused at first. Hope you get that thing working the way you want. Feel better!

Hey, I'm just flattered you choose mine. Would like to see some other pics of your sled. I'd resize them for you, but my other comp with my graphics editing software died recently.

Ok an update. My dealer has told me that yam has told them to fit the parts ie balls joints etc but no answer to the Hand chillers lol or the over heating issues as they said they run it in the shop and could not get the light to come on :o| i must of lied NOT. They are also going to fix the ball joints on the phazer so nice of them.

Attachments

• 02 03 08 sleding usa 030.JPG
    02 03 08 sleding usa 030.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 67
GT03235 said:
Ok an update. My dealer has told me that yam has told them to fit the parts ie balls joints etc but no answer to the Hand chillers lol or the over heating issues as they said they run it in the shop and could not get the light to come on :o| i must of lied NOT. They are also going to fix the ball joints on the phazer so nice of them.

You can make your new ball joints last longer if you put a drop of oil on the balls often, every day you ride would be optimum, only takes about 30 seconds.

Overheating....
Id try putting in fresh 60-40% antifreeze abd a 1/2 bottle of Red Line water wetter. The Yamaha factory coolant, just doesnt seem to transfer the heat as well. Maybe because it is more animal friendly type, or because it is too much antifreeze and not enough water. Many guys have cured this as directed above for cheap.

Water Wetter is a surfactant, which increases the surface area of water, making it "wetter" and more conductive of heat.

GT03235 said:
maysound a stupid question but how does that liquid let the sled run cooler?

rfabro is right, makes your coolant conduct more heat. Good product, not a gimmic. But it does most of its work with the water not the antifreeze.
That is why I put fresh 60/40 in, which is fine for minuis 40F. Worth noting even without the water wetter, 60/40 will conduct more heat away than 70/30 80/20 etc

Thankyou for that! Could i get this at the dealership? Another reason why i am out of business here's a pic of my knee :o|

Attachments

• resize april.jpg
    resize april.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 55
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 52
what the hell happended to you knee, was it replaced ??

That is one nasty, puffy looking mofo :drink:

I am guessing you had a total knee done !

Attachments

• TKR7.jpg
    TKR7.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 61
Mother of God. Now that is a surgery. What did you do, get kicked in the knee by a mule?

Enjoy your time off and send me your extra pain meds. :drink:

lol no mule glad to say, just one of my many afflictions for racing motocross from a tender age into my late 30's :o| If only we could get a wealth of knowledge at a younger age. :-o Total knee replacement on april 1st and i had the staples out tuesday just gone. I am flying to the Wales/UK on monday for a little break to see my family and friends so that should be fun.

Rowdy roddy yes AC/DC do rule my friend :nos

Back