• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My first Yamaha snowmobile.

Kevlar55

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Attak.
I just found a 07 Attak, I don't know what model it is GT or whatever, but it has low mileage and just needed a new battery. The clutch squeals, so I think it just needs cleaning and a new belt. How do I get the clutches off to clean them. I know Arctic cat clutches but have never touched Yamaha clutches. I'm trying to post some pictures but there to big.

Thanks.

Kevlar55 said:
I just found a 07 Attak, I don't know what model it is GT or whatever, but it has low mileage and just needed a new battery. The clutch squeals, so I think it just needs cleaning and a new belt. How do I get the clutches off to clean them. I know Arctic cat clutches but have never touched Yamaha clutches. I'm trying to post some pictures but there to big.

Thanks.
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... tches.html

Thanks, I'm going to change the oil and clean the chutches then take it for a test drive.

Kevin.

If the belt still squeals after you clean it, check the Shims on the back side of the secondary clutch, may have too many shims in, which makes the belt squeal on engagement. There are 3 bolts on the back side with washers for shims of the secondary.

Daranello said:
black one with blue lightnignig flames?? I bought mine new in 2008 for $6,999 that was a crazy deal

Looks like the one in your avatar.

Kevin.

Kevlar55 said:
How can you tell if it's a GT or whatever.
Thanks.

someone correct me if I am wrong, but isnt an Attak just an Attak? The GT, RTX, ES, etc do not apply to Attaks.

hmm, didnt know that. So did the Attak GT have the Ohlins electronic adjust shock, and the 'base' Attaks didnt?

Back