• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My fuel pump keeps quitting on me...

I never lost one yet and have not ordered from them before.

The belt is easy. Put on the parking brake and grab hold of the secondary sheave that is closet to the sled and turn clockwise while pushing to the back and it will open up. Just pull the belt up and over the secondary and your good to go.

so dumb question.....

K thats all good but what is the secondary sheeve?...lol. So you are talking the clutches right? Theres the bigger one and the smaller one in the front. Is half of them called a sheeve? If so I'll try what you suggest,,,let me know and of course you know I am going to say ...thanx again ;)!

Re: so dumb question.....

Elliottt said:
K thats all good but what is the secondary sheeve?...lol. So you are talking the clutches right? Theres the bigger one and the smaller one in the front. Is half of them called a sheeve? If so I'll try what you suggest,,,let me know and of course you know I am going to say ...thanx again ;)!
primary = driver
secondary = driven
the secondary is the large one.

K I'll go see if that makes sense right now. I am putting a new windshield on the sled right now. It's been like minus 30 Celsius lately and I can't take the cold anymore. At 70.m.p.h. the wind chill is like minus 1,000. K I'll go try the belt and see how that goes...thanx again for your help. I am running out of things to ask you but thats a good thing right. Pretty soon my sled will be 100% because of all of you :-o

Hey mre, I tried the belt thing but i coudn't get the belt off. I turned the bigger wheel clockwise and it was really hard to even move but it did not open up so that i could get the belt off. Got the windshield on:) K so what did I do wrong? i just want to know as I carry an extra belt in my napsack case I am deep in the woods sledding and this belt gets wrecked. I'd hate to be stuck out there with a brand new belt in my bag. Is there a video somewhere or something I could watch that shows how? Get back to me and thanx again mre and all ;)! ;)!

the clutch has the 2 peices. just grab the one that is closest to the engine and turn that one while pushing on it. it does take sone force put once you see how it opens you will be good to go.

dont get your fingues cought in between the sheives!

K yamahas, I shall try again right after work today. I like the skidoo way with he tool that you simply put in and turn and it opens up the clutch. worked good. Got the windshield on and everything else is good to go. Have you had any problems with your 4 stroke. My buds are starting to bug me about mine and saying "u had better buy a 2 stroke" ...lol. talk to you soon ;)!

They make a tool like that for every yamaha but the phazer. Go figure eh?

Not a single problem with my yammy other then the frozen relay. My friends where on my case aswell. They stoped when i towed my buddy's doo out of the forest. Your doo buds will stop bugging you when you tow them out of the forest it's just a matterof time!

Yeah so far my Phazer has not started 4 times on trips because of that relay and no fuel pump so of course my buds are all over me for that. They all have 2 strokes that stink like oil and burn gas at an alarming rate where they have to pull a 50 gallon barrel of fuel behind them....lol. So Since I have had that sled i have put new carbides on, a new battery, a new windshield, got a new spare belt and that's about it. I am heading out this Sunday to "redeem my sled" with my buds so I hope nothing goes wrong. Other than that I am waiting for that relay to get in and waiting for the weekend.....nice chatting with ya yamahas:) :Rockon:

Did you figure out the belt? Its good to know how just in case you need to put a new one in.

turn the secondary while pulling up on the belt to jam the bottom part deep in the secondary while trying to roll the belt towards you - once you get it over the lip it will come off easy. once you do it a couple times it is not hard at all. you have to be houdini, but i can still do it with a bad arm and all.

K I'll try that....

Okay I'll try that this weekend and let you know how it goes. Yeah no sense carrying around a spare belt if you can't change it. Does anyone have one of those black tool boxes that are secured to the back of the sled right behind the seat. I guess they are just big enough for a belt and a few tools but I am looking for a used one. Might take some weight off of my back pack and that would be good. K I'll get back to you guys and again , thanx for the help ;)! ;)!

Hello boys and girls .....

Hello all,
I just wanted to let you guys know that I went out all day Sunday with 6 other people and my sled ran perfect. I still haven't got that new fuel relay as they are still on back order and it was pretty cold this weekend but no problems. I was the only yamaha sled out of 7 sleds and I was sure as hell the only 4 stroke around. One of the artic cats died and we had to pull him home but other than that it was a great ride. Up here in Canada we only have about 2 or 3 weekends left and than its soon to be quadding time. Oh yeah and I still never tried taking the belt off yet but I will. I have a 3 day sled ride set up north in 2 weekends and I can't wait. K ride while you can....chow and thanx again ;)! ;)!

Good to hear it's running for ya. My relay was also on backorder but came in a week after I orderd it. Where abouts in Canada are you. Looking at the long range weather as log as it does not rain I should be within 2 hr drive to good trail untill at last first week in april, even if it gets warm.

Hey yamahas,,,

I am in Saskatoon Sask. It was minus 27 here on Sunday but will be warming up soon. I dont mind. I love sledding but Quadding is even better. Its nice and warmmmmmm...tshirt stuff......Ottawa has had a killer winter this year right? Lots of storms? My last sled trip of the year in 2 weeks is up by Flin Flon Manitoba....5 hour drive north east of Saskatoon. Lots of snow and NNNNooooo bodyyyyyy:)

Back