• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My list for the Perfect APEX...

super_rash

Expert
Country
Canada
Now, if anybody from Yamaha is listening, take note... I love the Apex Motor, seems rear suspension has been imporved, performance damper is also nice, EPS was a big improvement, and tunner skis also, and we have grips that actually heat.. weight has been sheed in the last 10 years. Nothing is perfect, but all imporvements are welcome.

I have a problem with the lack of interest the company is showing for its top performance sled. The Viper is the big model, flashy, up to date look, but performance wise it is disapointing. The Apex doesn't need that much to make it perfect.. I might just make it my personnal project, but If yamaha did this, they would sell A WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM...SO LETS GO YAMAHA..

1-Please update the plastics.... I just saw the 2016 BRP linup...JESUS... those things are just art in motion, they are beautifull and look fast. I mean, the 2016 Apex looks exactly the same as it did in 2006... just a few new shapes on the hood and side panels, new seat design, something come on, and it could look really nice.. We all want our 16 000$ sled to look nice and new, not old and redone to death.. SO GET THE ESTHETICS DONE

2-Bigger GAS tank.. Give me a break, it can't be that hard to get another 6 litres in there somewhere.. no aftermarket tanks available, and i will have to buy saddlebags and carry gas with me.. big downer and not good on rear suspension in the bumps

3-Lighter and Higher Seat: THis is an easy one, it should be in the accessories book by now, you can save 10 lbs easy and get a better riding position with sooo little effort...

4-Lighter front A-Arms and spindle: Not the most complicated thing to design, could save another 10 lbs in the front

I'M NOT asking for the moon, just a little effort... i'm gonna run all over the place and try to do this with aftermarket, its just sad the the Yamaha corp has sort of let the Apex sit and not really market it correctly, when i tried it , it drove really well, but snowmobiling is a lot about looks..its gotta look the part if you want to sell it.. if you can do it for the viper, why not a little luv for the ApEx?

anyway, i have until April 18th to spring order.. i'm still on the fence, but i know its the fastest 4 stroke out there, so i'll probably end up Making my own perfect Apex... BUT IF YOU WANT TO SELL A BUNCH..ITS REALLY EASY..

And i didn't even ask for a new Chassis, so i'm really nost asking for much..

You have one fact wrong... the weight of the Apex has increased, not decreased... about 40 lbs heavier over the previous generation. Now, the 2016 models have shed 10 pounds in the new suspension, but they've added some weight back with these so called "Performance Dampers". How much performance does this new tech add anyway?

I do agree that a larger gas tank would be a bonus...very easy for Yamaha to accomplish this, along with a taller seat.

I am asking for a new chassis though... its high time...and a 100 pound weight loss to boot.

Yup ! Its going to be good when it happens.Like the first Apex 06 when i bought mine was WOW.! Panels ,seat,tailpipes,gauges,panels ,FUEL INJECTION !! Chassis is dated ,works but dated.Maybe a partial tubular chassis the next time? Mine feels perfect now :);)!

My attak was heavier with the mono shock tube suspension and coilover spring, at least 15 lbs there.. i guess i'm thinking 20 lbs less with the new singleshot vs the Attak in 2006... but yes the front is 20lbs more with EPS.. so probably even..

You have one fact wrong... the weight of the Apex has increased, not decreased... about 40 lbs heavier over the previous generation. Now, the 2016 models have shed 10 pounds in the new suspension, but they've added some weight back with these so called "Performance Dampers". How much performance does this new tech add anyway?

I do agree that a larger gas tank would be a bonus...very easy for Yamaha to accomplish this, along with a taller seat.

I am asking for a new chassis though... its high time...and a 100 pound weight loss to boot.
OK, i know, -60 lbs would satisfy me.. but a new chassis seems too hard for them, they sort of forgot the Apex crowd... so i'm just asking things that could be done in a few weeks of RD...

Your comment about Yamaha's lack of showcasing, in my case the apex xtx, in their advertising and magazine shoot outs struck a cord with me. It is insulting. We love these sleds and spent good money on them but I feel Yamaha doesn't give a crap about us. Just for my ego, Yamaha please give this sled the media attention it (we) deserve!

Yep, don't let us down...at least a bigger tank and higher seat in the accessories.. thats a no brainer.. i think i'm going to make a tank , get it formed, then distribute it.. i'll ask around this summer..

Now, if anybody from Yamaha is listening, take note... I love the Apex Motor, seems rear suspension has been imporved, performance damper is also nice, EPS was a big improvement, and tunner skis also, and we have grips that actually heat.. weight has been sheed in the last 10 years. Nothing is perfect, but all imporvements are welcome.

I have a problem with the lack of interest the company is showing for its top performance sled. The Viper is the big model, flashy, up to date look, but performance wise it is disapointing. The Apex doesn't need that much to make it perfect.. I might just make it my personnal project, but If yamaha did this, they would sell A WHOLE BUNCH OF THEM...SO LETS GO YAMAHA..

1-Please update the plastics.... I just saw the 2016 BRP linup...JESUS... those things are just art in motion, they are beautifull and look fast. I mean, the 2016 Apex looks exactly the same as it did in 2006... just a few new shapes on the hood and side panels, new seat design, something come on, and it could look really nice.. We all want our 16 000$ sled to look nice and new, not old and redone to death.. SO GET THE ESTHETICS DONE

2-Bigger GAS tank.. Give me a break, it can't be that hard to get another 6 litres in there somewhere.. no aftermarket tanks available, and i will have to buy saddlebags and carry gas with me.. big downer and not good on rear suspension in the bumps

3-Lighter and Higher Seat: THis is an easy one, it should be in the accessories book by now, you can save 10 lbs easy and get a better riding position with sooo little effort...

4-Lighter front A-Arms and spindle: Not the most complicated thing to design, could save another 10 lbs in the front

I'M NOT asking for the moon, just a little effort... i'm gonna run all over the place and try to do this with aftermarket, its just sad the the Yamaha corp has sort of let the Apex sit and not really market it correctly, when i tried it , it drove really well, but snowmobiling is a lot about looks..its gotta look the part if you want to sell it.. if you can do it for the viper, why not a little luv for the ApEx?

anyway, i have until April 18th to spring order.. i'm still on the fence, but i know its the fastest 4 stroke out there, so i'll probably end up Making my own perfect Apex... BUT IF YOU WANT TO SELL A BUNCH..ITS REALLY EASY..

BRP is ugly! Just plain ugly! The new Enduro makes me want to puke! Apex is the sharpest sled on the snow they look and are fast.

Yep bigger gas tank!

I like the seat but ok a couple inches as long as they don't push the rider any further forward, let it be his choice if he wants to sit further forward not the seats and the seat does not even come anywhere near 10pds so don't know how you can save that much!

Lighter A-Arm and spindle? Ok as long as strength is not compromised.

And again the Apex looks perfect! Could they have changed some plastic sure! They will on the next version! The Viper was designed by Cat and I think the Green ZR looks hot.

New plastics, just to give it a little newer look... it looks good, just outdated... 10 years, in a sport where looks attracted buyers., and they change every 2-3 years theyre sleds..is too long...just what i'm saying..
i'm working on a bigger gas tank

If looks attract buyers where did the form follows function saying come from. Rev was is one ugly sled and the new Doo is not any better. I guess everyone just got used to them. Best looking 2,000's sled in my opinion was the RX. Apex running second!

I think I understand the updated plastics thing and nobody at Yamaha should take offense to the request, but their marketing department should.

For the same reason that car manufacturers change the shape of a model line at least every 4-5 years is so that people feel the need to "upgrade" and owners can tell the difference between a 2006 and a 2016. There is pride in driving a 2015 GMC Sierra as you can easily tell it is not a 2012. Even if it were identical under the hood, which it is not, the average joe can look at it and say, ah you got a new truck.

There is pride in ownership knowing that you just spring ordered a sled that other riders are going to easily identify that you got a new sled. Those of us out there that are a bit more frugal, loved buying 2012 carryovers knowing that it is just as good as a 2015 sled. I think that is bad business on Yamaha's part, as there is no urgency to buy the next year's model.

Put needs and wants aside, we all agree that the Apex is very close to perfect and half of our desire for a new shape is out of pure vanity. We just want it to look different than the last 10 model years!

The wish for more fuel would even be addressed if we had a good place to mount a fuel can. As it is nice to not have to carry that can if we know we won't need it.

My personal opinion is that Yamaha has not put themselves in a position to sell new sleds without significant change. The market for carryover sleds seems to be much greater. There are plenty of folks out there ready to drop $15K and refresh every other year if not annually, if Yamaha at least made it look like the sled changed. In this day and age of sled wraps, we can make any sled look new with Bold New Graphics. So the Manufactures need to change it up a bit more than decals.

Don't take this as a rant, as I am more than pleased with my sled, and actually happy that something didn't come along that would make me lust for anything more. I will ride it and smile each time. I like Yamaha blue over flat black anyway.

Back