• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need to replace my apex er.

ShootToThrill

VIP Member
liked the apex for big trails and racing. hated it for jumping and playing around in the powder. had a few mods done to it. narrowed my choices down to apex gt, attak, attak gt or fx nytro rtx. what do you think? 50/50 trails and playing around?

Well the Apex GT would be out if the ER did not fit the bill, Maybe Apex RTX and the Attack is good for a little off trail play but not a boondocker. the Nytro is great for off trail but not a good long day trail sled.

Several buddies bought them and had them out twice said no way to do a 200 mile day. they were froze silly and stopped about every 20 miles. It's not even cold out yet.

What you need is an Nytrapexattack its 24 feet long weighs 1800 lbs and costs about $ 34,000.00 it looks like that modular mini-van from the 80 car shows where the little car could plug into the van body serving 2 purposes.

JMO, but I don't think you'll find a sled that's going to do it all well. Dropping 40 pounds or so to go Nytro probably isn't the answer either. Maybe you should hang on to the Apex and pick up your favorite brand lightweight 600?

<<<the insurance company owns it now. glad im still here.>>>

GOTCHA!
That does kinda put a different spin on things.....

Attak comes closest to universal in my book.

Go Nitro. I was playing around in the powder yesterday and it's a blast. Great for jumping, great for bumps and it's only a cold sled if you aren't active on it. If you get cold easy though theres bigger windshield options.

cwcsrx700 said:
the insurance company owns it now. glad im still here.

I hear that. I was about 6 inches away from having the insurance company owning another 06 Apex ER last weekend when a deer decided it was a good idea to get in my path. Luckily it stopped mid-stride and I locked up the brakes and slide into it sideways, only busting an exhaust tip cover. Glad you are fine. Sleds can be replaced!!

Back