• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW 09 unveiled online FRIDAY OVERNIGHT at 3am!

Yamaha has never made the top dog in the HP wars, but one has to really wonder where they stand today. With the Mach Z sent back to Jerrasic park, the top dog from doo will not top end an Apex. Polaris also dumped the 900 which firms up the Apex spot . Now cat has the mighty 1000, but I have yet to ride with one and don’t know anyone that owns one. Last I hear is they are not big performers for 1000cc. Having that said, one of the top performers in the 08 fleet is a 4-stroke yamaha. Will yamaha ever come up with big hp? History shows they won’t, but I’m not always right. :exc:

Dan

87gtNOS said:
Talk about yet another disappointing year.

Face it guys, no matter how hard you cry for 180hp, it'll never happen.

Think about it, power has always just been marginal in a Yamaha.
Vmax4, SRX, RX1, APEX....all of which while competitive in the market of hypersleds, were just barely powerful enough to compete.

I wouldn't call it quits just yet, there's still more to be released later in March, so who knows what Yamaha has up their sleeve. Releasing the FX Nytro XTX is exactly what a lot of customers were asking for, a crossover version of the FX Nytro, and they delivered. I would have designed the rear of the sled differently myself as to allow extra fuel storage with a custom fuel caddy, but I'm sure guys are going to figure it out on their own as they have been doing with the MTX sleds. In my opinion, IF Yamaha were to release a 180 hp performance model in a variety of different chassis, eg Apex and FX Nytro, no doubt they would get a lot of attention, so keep asking for it !

If the DEMAND is there, they WILL DELIVER :yam:

I think this is great news. I'll bet that there will be quite a few 08 nytros for sale by TY members. Might be a good time to upgrade.

rik said:
I think this is great news. I'll bet that there will be quite a few 08 nytros for sale by TY members. Might be a good time to upgrade.

I doubt that. Upgrading a 1 year old sled, losing approx $4000, just to have a 144" track and slightly different tunnel angles? Sure, great news....

It is great news, but we all wanted to see the 165-170hp, lighter Apex. Shame on Yamaha. Well, I'll keep the Apex another year.

What's funny is this is the sled I want minus a couple things. I was hoping for Fox Floats and a bigger tank. Wondering if I should buy this sled. I did want a good ditchbanger with a nice tourque curve. Maybe I'll buy this sled and it 2010 if there's big changes I will trade it in.

I think everyone's dissapointment is a little misplaced. There IS another product realease in March. Be patient and wat until then. For many, this 144 Nytro WILL be the sled they were looking for. The crossover market has grown leaps and bounds. Many other brands have have crossover sleds in their lineup, and Yamaha should br given props for going after this market in a more aggressive fashion. None of us know what Yamaha's intention's are regarding the updated geometry to the front end. As far as the tank size, yes, it SHOULD be bigger, but they more than likely can't justify junking the tooling and tanks they already have in the supply line. Again, PROPS for what they have done and patience for those expecting something else ;)!

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I wouldn't call it quits just yet, there's still more to be released later in March, so who knows what Yamaha has up their sleeve. Releasing the FX Nytro XTX is exactly what a lot of customers were asking for, a crossover version of the FX Nytro, and they delivered. I would have designed the rear of the sled differently myself as to allow extra fuel storage with a custom fuel caddy, but I'm sure guys are going to figure it out on their own as they have been doing with the MTX sleds. In my opinion, IF Yamaha were to release a 180 hp performance model in a variety of different chassis, eg Apex and FX Nytro, no doubt they would get a lot of attention, so keep asking for it !

Yes, but this "Debut" is supposed to be the WOW factor sled, not just a rehashed/reworked model.

I'm sure we'll see a new model in the rest of the lineup, like a Venture in the Apex chassis, but as for a higher end Apex? probably not.

If I were in the market for a new sled...that would be the one! I love the 136's but this with the tipped up rails will be AWESOME. I know we'd all like to see a BIG sled but the sales aren't there to support it. It was even hard selling SRX's...I remember having an 02 sitting on the floor for almost two season..couldn't give the darn thing away....

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
87gtNOS said:
Talk about yet another disappointing year.

Face it guys, no matter how hard you cry for 180hp, it'll never happen.

Think about it, power has always just been marginal in a Yamaha.
Vmax4, SRX, RX1, APEX....all of which while competitive in the market of hypersleds, were just barely powerful enough to compete.

I hope they make an RTX model.

SledFreak said:
It is great news, but we all wanted to see the 165-170hp, lighter Apex. Shame on Yamaha. Well, I'll keep the Apex another year.

You do realize that the 09's haven't been released yet right? This is just a one model teaser. Why should there be a "shame on yamaha" exactly?

That's the sled I would have checked last year instead of the MTX. Very happy with the MTX so I'm glad I didn't wait!

I don't find this a surprise at all. I knew they were to offer an extended Nytro. I think everyone else did too.

Now, where is the "big news" ?

What about the teaser pic?

Why would Yamaha increase the HP in the Apex when there's not much out there from the other 3 that will top it???

Back