• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW 09 unveiled online FRIDAY OVERNIGHT at 3am!

Dano said:
Yamaha has never made the top dog in the HP wars, but one has to really wonder where they stand today. With the Mach Z sent back to Jerrasic park, the top dog from doo will not top end an Apex. Polaris also dumped the 900 which firms up the Apex spot . Now cat has the mighty 1000, but I have yet to ride with one and don’t know anyone that owns one. Last I hear is they are not big performers for 1000cc. Having that said, one of the top performers in the 08 fleet is a 4-stroke yamaha. Will yamaha ever come up with big hp? History shows they won’t, but I’m not always right. :exc:

Dan

Good friend just blew up his 900's Diamond drive on day 2 of our last 7 day trip. He went right to the dealer and bought the F1000. 500 miles later after his break in and my 05 was crushing that pig. He said he was taking it easy, but I know him and it was to the bar and it was not even close. Now maybe a tuned one would be a different story...but stock? No way...

RTX Meirda said:
I don't find this a surprise at all. I knew they were to offer an extended Nytro. I think everyone else did too.

Now, where is the "big news" ?

What about the teaser pic?

One teaser pic was of the nytro XTX the other was an 06 apex gt.....

I bet the Apex will be exactly the same weight and HP again, they can't change thier sleds that often. The Apex is a sick sled, the best looking on the snow IMO, i can't see them dropping it, maybe a few more HP at most.

You have 120 HP class sleds from all 4 manufacturers

You have 150 HP class sleds from all 4 manufacturers

The way street bikes have evolved into two classes
600 cc bikes and 1000 cc bikes
(excluding cruisers)
You're probably going to see snowmobiles
evolve into two classes
Snow cross has already evolved from 440cc to 600cc

160HP, 165HP, 170HP, 175HP?
Other manufacturers are happy with 800cc pumping out 150+ HP
and their 800cc sleds are faster than their 900cc and 1000cc sleds were

QCRider said:
Other MFG offer more than 150 HP, and those that don't currently soon will again.

And they're still going to get beat by a Yamaha Apex!

Don't you remember when Yamaha's 433cc twins
would repeatedly kick the #*$&@ out of every 800cc triple that
Ski-Doo, and Polaris, and Arctic Cat ever made?

Let the other three manufacturer's waste their time.
If they've already seen the light, they will be abandoning
their high HP two-strokes for HP 4-strokes.
The writing is on the wall!!!!!!

1) Lighter weight is more of a reality

2) Newer styling is more of a reality

3) More horsepower, maybe a little more, maybe.

QCRider said:
Ok. Let's look at this anoher way. We all agree that Yamaha 4 strokes will last for years. What would make a current Apex owner want to buy a new sled at this point?

HORSEPOWER.

Dude, if your so concerned about HP, why are you on an RX1 and a Vector???

Yamahnator said:
SledFreak said:
It is great news, but we all wanted to see the 165-170hp, lighter Apex. Shame on Yamaha. Well, I'll keep the Apex another year.

You do realize that the 09's haven't been released yet right? This is just a one model teaser. Why should there be a "shame on yamaha" exactly?

X2 :Rockon:

Back