• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW 09 unveiled online FRIDAY OVERNIGHT at 3am!

rightarm said:
Yamahnator said:
SledFreak said:
It is great news, but we all wanted to see the 165-170hp, lighter Apex. Shame on Yamaha. Well, I'll keep the Apex another year.

You do realize that the 09's haven't been released yet right? This is just a one model teaser. Why should there be a "shame on yamaha" exactly?

X2 :Rockon:

Why hold back and loose an oportunity to gain on a longer spring sale and by doing so, they may gain more market share.

Good point, by March 13 I'm usually on March break with the kids in the sun somewhere dreaming of summer, almost couldn't care about snowmobiling....

If it were me I would release now and maximize sales.

SledFreak said:
rightarm said:
Yamahnator said:
SledFreak said:
It is great news, but we all wanted to see the 165-170hp, lighter Apex. Shame on Yamaha. Well, I'll keep the Apex another year.

You do realize that the 09's haven't been released yet right? This is just a one model teaser. Why should there be a "shame on yamaha" exactly?

X2 :Rockon:

Why hold back and loose an oportunity to gain on a longer spring sale and by doing so, they may gain more market share.

Well I guess that's why they pay marketing people, and not you =). Why is Cat and Pol releasing late? Who knows.

Crewchief47 said:
QCRider said:
Ok. Let's look at this anoher way. We all agree that Yamaha 4 strokes will last for years. What would make a current Apex owner want to buy a new sled at this point?

HORSEPOWER.

Dude, if your so concerned about HP, why are you on an RX1 and a Vector???

Because I have ridden an Apex and I don't think it's THAT much faster than my RX-1. You are actually making my point. They haven't made anything yet that makes me think "Man I have GOT to buy THAT sled!!"

sandy8657 said:
Don't you remember when Yamaha's 433cc twins
would repeatedly kick the poop out of every 800cc triple that
Ski-Doo, and Polaris, and Arctic Cat ever made?

What did you smoke??
Kick the poop?? doing what?? Gas mileage?? LOL. The 800 XCR is one of the fastest things on snow...and still is......

.... they will be abandoning
their high HP two-strokes for HP 4-strokes.

Not going to happen...sorry

The writing is on the wall!!!!!!

What writing is that? What is supposed to happen?

QCRider said:
Crewchief47 said:
QCRider said:
Ok. Let's look at this anoher way. We all agree that Yamaha 4 strokes will last for years. What would make a current Apex owner want to buy a new sled at this point?

HORSEPOWER.

Dude, if your so concerned about HP, why are you on an RX1 and a Vector???

Because I have ridden an Apex and I don't think it's THAT much faster than my RX-1. You are actually making my point. They haven't made anything yet that makes me think "Man I have GOT to buy THAT sled!!"

They did that for me last year!!! ;)! Guess they can't make 14,000 models to make everyone happy.

Back