• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '22 gets POWER STEERING!

curious to see 22 lineup. Any word if 22 sleds will have some kind of viewing for spring ordering? Maybe selected dealers? Jaret?
Would be nice to see first hand on any possible "unadvertised" fixes. The winder has allot going for it if it can get that skidoo reliability. Weird I said that the other way around 15 years ago.

Dan

Need to fix all the little things that are adding up. EPS is useless in my mind. Theres some pretty common issues out there we are all facing which is garbage, including the primary clutch which to me is what needs to be addressed. It was a huge buying point for many of us when we heard the sidewinder was coming out. Time will tell if this is addressed but to get excited about EPS and blindly look past addressing so many issues on this platform is the problem here. Again, to which we will find out soon enough.

Agree they need to fix issues, but we have known this for 4-5 yrs now. Just cause you think EPS is "useless" doesn't mean everyone else does. I can tell you this addition will make many old school Apex owners make the change.

You will never hear Yamaha come out and say in writing they fixed these issues....it would open up the door for previous customers to want the fix too. But they may fix some issues quietly with no fanfare.

Dan

I was under the impression that the Genesis moniker was attached to the 4 cylinder engine.

My 50th had the genesis 4 stroke logo on it from factory....

Dan

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 8.35.11 PM.png

I’m on board with the guys that say fix the known problems before power steering. Get the drive shaft issue fixed along with top gear in the chaincase. Give us a chaincase oil drain for god sake. Until they fix that stuff I’d be shopping elsewhere if mine died

Agree they need to fix issues, but we have known this for 4-5 yrs now. Just cause you think EPS is "useless" doesn't mean everyone else does. I can tell you this addition will make many old school Apex owners make the change.

You will never hear Yamaha come out and say in writing they fixed these issues....it would open up the door for previous customers to want the fix too. But they may fix some issues quietly with no fanfare.

Dan
Well said Dan..
Power steering will be a big hit for those that ride big miles per day/yearly..

Look at the atv market now, Yamaha was a joke back in 07 releasing a atv with EPS and now they all have it.. I have 2 grizzly 700’s one with EPS and one without and these no comparison between the both..

Since switching from my EPS apex to the sidewinder I definitely miss the EPS, riders who knock EPS might just ride a few miles a week around there backyard but high mile guys will definitely appreciate it..

I do agree that the issues need to be fixed years ago but If the EPS sidewinder feels anything like the EPS Apex or Vector does than watch out..

Just cause you think EPS is "useless" doesn't mean everyone else does. I can tell you this addition will make many old school Apex owners make the change

Dan

That is the million dollar answer right there. Nobody and I mean nobody gives a rat's azz about the Vector I am riding until I either tell them it has power steering or they see the power steering sticker. Then no matter what year or what model they are driving they want to take my "old school" sled for a spin. In my humble opinion as a generation of sled heads gets older and older there is a growing market share for "power steering". For me personally, regardless of the make, if power steering was offered as an option I'd have it. A new Yamaha snowmobile wasn't even on my radar will have to see the lineup when it comes out.

Dan
Very accurate every bit of it.

Dave they do make lots of running changes. Dad just got 21 srx this year and it’s a lot diff under hood and obviously front suspension and skis etc than my 18. Atleast a lot more than you would expect. Push button start. Stealth controls with more than high low on hand an thumb Warmer, they are warmer than mine too. Diff chain case cover. Heated roll over to help with blow outs and freezing, revised front suspension new front skis which he actually really likes so far (always ran C&a before and tried on this first 2 rides out) and I’m sure much more. Mines 129 so I can’t compare to the rear suspension if any changes were made there.

Dave they do make lots of running changes. Dad just got 21 srx this year and it’s a lot diff under hood and obviously front suspension and skis etc than my 18. Atleast a lot more than you would expect. Push button start. Stealth controls with more than high low on hand an thumb Warmer, they are warmer than mine too. Diff chain case cover. Heated roll over to help with blow outs and freezing, revised front suspension new front skis which he actually really likes so far (always ran C&a before and tried on this first 2 rides out) and I’m sure much more. Mines 129 so I can’t compare to the rear suspension if any changes were made there.
True, but the famous top gear bushing, roller screw design, and bearing on left side wearing into shaft over time haven't been addressed and I think that's what Dan is refering to.
The top bushing is especially frustrating as it has left many on the end of a rope.
Surely power steering along with the gremlins fixed is on its way!
I would also love to see three engine map choices from the factory also.

Back