• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

belt adjuster

scottt

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 apex gt 2017 sidewinder LTX LE 137"
I recently had my 17 sidewinder at the shop for a go over. I told them the belt would sometimes squeal when you stopped. They found the primary spring broke and said everything was good,they installed my new spare belt.. Well I fired it up on the trailer the other day and the squealing is worse then before. Belt still seems tight,,,runs about a good 1/16th" above the secondary. Probably will have to run flush. I was thinking about just installing one of those belt adjusters. Looked at BOP and thunder products. A good idea and what would be your preference? THanks

Any of the adjusters work well, with that said I use Thunders. With a stock 8JP belt you should be 1-2mm below top of sheave.

Remove a shim from the clutch bolt.

Thunder’s adjuster works great.

I love my Thunder Products belt adjuster!

..........another vote for Thunder's

Ordered one last night. Seems simple enough to install after watching YouTube video.

Well I installed TP belt adjuster...can't get the belt to sit flush..still. a good 1/16" above the secondary, still squeals. Ran it on a stand. With engine off I can move secondary clutch in and out a 1/16" so there's no pressure on the adjustment wheel.

Well I installed TP belt adjuster...can't get the belt to sit flush..still. a good 1/16" above the secondary, still squeals. Ran it on a stand. With engine off I can move secondary clutch in and out a 1/16" so there's no pressure on the adjustment wheel.
Did you remove the factory screws on the backside off the clutch? So, to get the belt lower in the sheeves tighten the adjuster to open the sheeves more.

Yeah I feel stupid for posting that before thinking. I got in the house and then realized I had yo screw it in the widen the clutch. All it took to not creep and stop squealing was drop the belt down maybe a 1/16". It's still just a hair above..maybe 1/32". We're going riding tomorrow so I'll see how it goes. Still kinda weird with the new primary spring it's engaging at 3500 rpm. I'll have my primary weights with me.

You wanna be below the top of the sheeves 1 - 2 mm.

Back