• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

Re-worked Engine , Along with new chassis . Thats my prediction , Apex is getting kinda old now , we need something new . 20-30 lb weight loss , Big displacement 3 cylinder .

A redesigned MUSCLE sled, new body from head to tow with new suspension & skis with the new "R1" 4 valve motor non turbo nor super charged pumping out 185hp with tons of lower RPM torque!

YAMAHA...please keep your 4 holer R1 based motor!b]

If its the case I'm in for 1 :Rockon:

06attaker said:
My thoughts are also on a less expensive model. Ski doo came out with a lot of fan snowmobiles this year and Polaris is making a bare bones sled as well. Yamaha needs something like this to help in market share. The only news was with the mountain sleds for Yamaha. Maybe make a bare bones four stroke?!?!

:Rockon:

That's what I think too. It'll be a less expensive, entry-level sled to help build market share. This sled won't be one the hot rodders want, except maybe for wife or kids to ride. It'll have more traditional type ergonomics and low power -- 100 or so HP.

Yammi needs that type of sled to build entry level-type market share on a comfortable ride/platform. The ditch banging Phazer does not fill that nitch. Newer/entry level riders are the people they can build share with -- you won't build very much market share with those like us -- the more experienced riders who tend to be more brand loyal.

JMO anyways!

Mike

I say it's gonna be an entirely new chassis snowmobile with a new 4cyl engine based on the 04-08 R1 with 180+ hp. The 09+ R1 engine is all new, so they'll be looking to use up remaining previous generation engines and make a variation of it for snowmobiles, as this is the way they usually do it, mark my words ! Oh yeah, there's gonna be an XTX SE edition next year too, that I know for sure :-o

apltx08 said:
A redesigned MUSCLE sled, new body from head to tow with new suspension & skis with the new "R1" 4 valve motor non turbo nor super charged pumping out 185hp with tons of lower RPM torque!

I'll second that motion!!!

ROCKRTX said:
I hear from yamaha dealer that is coming is a new Apex with a 3 cylinder supercherged from fzr wave runner.

That is interesting....... that could very well may be. If it puts out good HP then I could see LOTS of us upgrading!!!!!

Mike

cat hunter said:
apltx08 said:

I'll second that motion!!!

yeah 4 cylinder is the way to go....3 cylinder is lighter but NOT BETTER!

mntvipermn said:
ROCKRTX said:
I hear from yamaha dealer that is coming is a new Apex with a 3 cylinder supercherged from fzr wave runner.

That is interesting....... that could very well may be. If it puts out good HP then I could see LOTS of us upgrading!!!!!

Mike

You say good HP! fzr wave runner motor is a 3 cylinder 1812cc supercharged 200 HP motor.

Imagine the beast that could be :die

Sled Dog said:
Now that could persuade me to spend some money.

But we will only see in february if Yamaha will produce there first supercharged sled and the most powerful (200HP) on the marquet.

If they do........ :Rockon: i'am in for a 2011 snow check.

There is never any useful info in these posts until an actual release of the model issed by Yamaha. At first the hype is exciting then the monotonous wish lists begin to get ridiculous. I'll look for a new post in Feb.

Yep, just like last year, only to get let down... Put it this way... If they are going to release what I think they are and from what I was told, it won't be enough... I'm not talking chassis wise.. That part I'm not sure of, I'm speaking of motor wise.

scott32 said:
There is never any useful info in these posts until an actual release of the model issed by Yamaha. At first the hype is exciting then the monotonous wish lists begin to get ridiculous. I'll look for a new post in Feb.

I do believe that is 90% of the post......the ridiculous of the speculation. Kind of a wishlist/something that will probably NEVER happen, kind of list.

I still say.......SRX type model, hybrid chassis between Nytro and Apex, 3 holer, 4 stroke, still going with Fox Floats all around, good skis (maybe has to do with the Camoplast deal and one of the big manufacturer contracts??), fuel injectected (obviously)........or maybe an eco and fuel friendly 2 stroke borrowing tech from the Doo E-tec......but then again, back to 4-stroke idea, Yamaha did have the new 4 stroke, 4 holer in the R1 streetbike with the new engine design and cross-plane injection and re-done crank. Bpy does that engine sound SWEET!!!!.....DARN........did I forget anything? Did I hear someone say power steering!?!?!?!

--Steve (O.C.)

apltx08 said:

Me too! I hope we never lose the 4-cyl.

Back