• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

I have no idea why this post is even continuing to be a serious consideration?....To think that Yamaha is going to actually release a model in February as a 2010 model year sled is ridiculous. As it is, dealerships across both the USA and Canada are having more than enough trouble moving machines not to mention the surplus of inventory Yamaha has in their own warehouses.....Therefore, they would just be shooting themselves in the foot by intro'ing a new model half-way through the season....That would dramatically reduce the price of current Apex's/Nytro's and make them that much harder to sell. I do believe there will be a new model for 2011 but they will wait until the last minute to release it so as to move more product before they break the news.

Doesn't seem like there are alot of sleds out there right now to begin with.

My bet is 2011's will be released in Feb.

Mtn-Track said:
apltx08 said:
Mtn-Track said:
There's been some testing going on in WY. Looks to be a turbo Nytro...
:tg:

We want PROOF... :worth:

Not that I or anyone else I know of has pic's, but that wouldn't tell you much anyway. Hearing it, that's apparently another story.... :-o

I'm sure Kody is putting it through it's paces :)

2011 photoshoot should be going on this week or next too? If they are up there this week they are freezing their you know whats off.....

IMG]

SnoXer470 said:
I have no idea why this post is even continuing to be a serious consideration?....To think that Yamaha is going to actually release a model in February as a 2010 model year sled is ridiculous. As it is, dealerships across both the USA and Canada are having more than enough trouble moving machines not to mention the surplus of inventory Yamaha has in their own warehouses.....Therefore, they would just be shooting themselves in the foot by intro'ing a new model half-way through the season....That would dramatically reduce the price of current Apex's/Nytro's and make them that much harder to sell. I do believe there will be a new model for 2011 but they will wait until the last minute to release it so as to move more product before they break the news.

there are many top people who have already confirmed a new MODEL for mid winter release...it wont be something you can buy,just will be released on paper and also will be a handful sent to yamaha DEMO DAYS for the hype to build when people test ride the new model.

it will become a production sled in 2011 IMO.

and its not a nytro turbo, mark my words...it is the apex replacement.

Dan

SnoXer470 said:
Call your rep and hound him... That might be the case in canada, but from what I know, their isn't much in the U.S. You can't find an 09+ Nytro XTX anywhere and if you do, it's top buck for it..

i dont feel like they are having trouble moving sleds in canada, at least not around where i live. i had to drive 4 hrs away to pick up my 2009 in march.

SledFreak said:
SnoXer470 said:
That might be the case in canada, but from what I know, their isn't much in the U.S. You can't find an 09+ Nytro XTX anywhere and if you do, it's top buck for it..

Lots of 09' XTX's in Minnesota. I know 2 different dealers near me that have them, 8499$ was the best price I seen. The Dealer I bought my Phazer MTX from had one XTX, an RTX, a Regular and 2 08' RTX Nytro's left, At good prices too! Yamaha just cut the rebates by 500$ though so the prices went up some.

[

there are many top people who have already confirmed a new MODEL for mid winter release...it wont be something you can buy,just will be released on paper and also will be a handful sent to yamaha DEMO DAYS for the hype to build when people test ride the new model.

it will become a production sled in 2011 IMO.

and its not a nytro turbo, mark my words...it is the apex replacement.

Dan[/quote]

yes i agree totally. it will be the apex replacement. it will be newer styling, a little lighter, and will have the 07-08 16 valve r1 motor in it with the fly by wire and the chip controlled intake. and i bet you you will see that same engine design in the fz1 street bikes. that motor performed way to well for yammi to ditch it entirely after only a 2 yr run for the crossplane. what we also might see is some sort of yamcharger from the factory with this engine as well

Ike said:
Yamaha will never make a factory turbo. Too many variables to cover with warranty.

Ike

Why cant Yamaha offer a factory turbo while Cat and Polaris can? It would seem to me that the R&D team at Yamaha would be much larger and have more resourses at there disposal... Just asking!

billy2guns said:
Ike said:
Yamaha will never make a factory turbo. Too many variables to cover with warranty.

Ike

Why cant Yamaha offer a factory turbo while Cat and Polaris can? It would seem to me that the R&D team at Yamaha would be much larger and have more resourses at there disposal... Just asking!

Because the PolCat strokers are lower reving engines that NEED boost to compete.

Back