• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW NYTRO TOP SPEED-PROBLEM SOLVED

Michigandir

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha nytro rtx
Got My first chance to hold it to the bar on hard pack road, would not go over 85. got to 80 right now then creeped to 85. ski doo rev 600 went right past me after 80mph. I know it takes some time for these to break in but.... when i got back pulled side off to look at clutches and it appears the belt has never never reached the top 1/2" of primary clutch. does yamaha do anything to sled so they cant rev out for a while? And stupid me, i did not look at rpms , that gauge is so small to see rpm at high speed but i will next ride. Is there something wrong? should I try anything? Like I said its new with 400 miles, only thing ive done is added comfort clutch for lower engagement.

Last edited:

They are pretty tight with that many miles on them, about a 1000mi it will loosen up quite a bit..Where your belt is riding in the primary is normal attached is a pic of mine with 5K on the odometer. I have Ulmer clutch kits on both my nytros and like the kit a lot.. I hit the highest top speed on my nytro two weekends ago, and as I said it has 5k on it..Your sled will only get faster..

Attachments

• WP_20150128_007.JPG
    WP_20150128_007.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 237
Seems about right for an RTX with that many miles on it from what I observed when a friend owned one.

RTX's were not built to be fast, they were built to be quick corner to corner & in the bumps.

RIGIDONE. What was your top speed two weeks ago. and yes thats just about what my primary looks like, so it dosent go to the top huh?

I hit 106mph on my RTX SE, my wife hit 101mph on her RTX, I ride with a bunch of 800's and have only seen 1 of their tail lights and that was last week for the first time, he got me by a sled length. He did some mods over the summer, I would pull bus lengths on him last year, my wife even would beat him on her nytro..My sled isn't stock, I have some of the Excell goodies on it.. I got vids he took last year, i'll find them..
Nope it does not go to the top, both my nytros have the same ride height on the primary. I am probably going to have my clutches machined to get more top end. This guy does it..

http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/yamaha-primary-clutch-overdrive-machining/

Just give it some time, that motor will break in. Like I said at 1000mi it will be a whole different animal..

OK Thanks. I guess Ill stop worrying. and wont race anyone till 1000 miles.

Do you think i should take out comfort clutch kit and put stock back in?

So is that your sled? is the ulmer clutch all you've done for performance?

Do you think i should take out comfort clutch kit and put stock back in?

I don't know much about that kit, so I can't really say...From what I hear it just makes the engagement at a lower rpm for a smoother take off..I wouldn't think it would hurt top end..
But anyway, give it some time..she will loosen up. Please keep us posted on how it's doing..we are all willing to help a brotha out!!!

So is that your sled? is the ulmer clutch all you've done for performance?

Yes, mines the blue, wifes is the purple..and no, a couple other things from Excell M/S..

I have a bad disease, It's called modifyitis...LOL...I can't leave anything alone.

Back