• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New owner 2011 Apex XTX

Vmaxkid

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 2019 Ski-Doo 900T Enduro (not as fun as Sidewinder)
FINALLY... Pulled the trigger and just picked up a 2011 Apex XTX with 1100 miles on it.
I had to buy it as a package deal with a 98 Vmax 700 Dlx and an enclosed trailer as the owner would only sell as a package. I figure after selling the trailer and Vmax I'll be into the Apex for just over $5k.
I am coming off a 2006 Apex RTX. I haven't run the new one as of yet except for bringing it into the garage but I am guessing I will need to get used to the power steering...
I have a question about the rear suspension. I have done a lot of reading and I suspect eventually I will update the rear with the Star suspension kit... But for now I'd like to get out and ride it a bit. In respect to the torsion suspension. I was adding the oversized idlers I had from my 06 and noticed the torsion spring arms are held in place by a plastic "hook" as it is listed by Yamaha. The plastic loops or hooks appear pretty cheap and looks like it would break fairly easy. Has anyone had that happen and are there stronger replacement ones available? I see later year models have the torsion spring arms mount directly to the skid rails instead of the idler wheel mounts. If I purchased the parts from a newer year will they just bolt to the existing skid rails? And lastly, the suspension adjuster block also are plastic. Do these typically break and should I invest in a billet version of them?

Attachments

• Lt front.JPG
    Lt front.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 117

have not broken the hook in 3 years of riding but need to check them yet to see if they are worn out. never broke the 3 position adjusters but needed more preload when i put the nitro xtx springs on mine, so i have muffinworks 5 position one mine but the bop ones would work well too as well as the yamaha ones for viper.

No worries with the plastics.

:welc:

the only problem you will have is the plastic wearing on the hooks but they last a long time. i'm just replacing mine after 13000km and one is just starting to wear threw, caught it just in time before it starts chewing the aluminum bracket/idler spindle. No problems here either with the adjusters

FYI. if your sled is studded or your going to stud it, make sure you don't stud to close to the center of the track because the stud heads on the inside of the track will chew away at the bottom of the front shock mount.

nice clean looking Apex;)!

I too called about that deal i know he was asking 8500 for the package how much did you get it for? If I would have known it was a xtx I would have been waiting in his driveway. You got yourself a hell of a deal in my opinion enjoy it and things are looking alot better here in Maine this year. Ride safe

4 years on mine no issues with plastic I got stiffer springs from Travis and 4 poss. adjusters and now love the ride of the sled.

Back