• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new sleds

srx900

Expert
This should be an interesting year I didn't buy a new sled this year. I'm not sold on the Viper (YamaCat). I will wait and read all the reviews from the Yamaha faithfull on how the sled is built and holding up. Ive already read on the viper forum one persons opinion that viper owners should get to know there Cat dealer for cheaper and more available parts. I have always disliked how Yamaha tells there dealers that they don't need to stock parts. If the viper owners have to (get to know there Cat dealer) maybe they will like them and start buying Cats. Hopefully Yamaha will take some of the Cat designs and build a new sled. Maybe the the Viper will be the cats #*$&@ only time will tell. Have fun this season everyone and be safe.

I will keep my '07 Apex until Yamaha makes a YamaCat with the Apex motor or a boosted 3 cyl. I can't see myself buying a sled that has less power than what I have now.

I agree it will a interesting year and hope the viper pans out after all the shipping issues. Have too much in my nytro and don't really want to sell it yet anyway to get a new one. Need factory boost to peak my interest!! :sled1:

Happy sledding!

I like the look of the Yama-Cat, but too would like to see how it holds up this year.

Here is a little trinket that I was told at a snow show last month. C what you guys think about this..........

I had a guy at a Yamaha stand talking with me about the Viper and or Yamaha / Cat marriage. His comment was, "I think you are going to see Yamaha slowly pull out of snowmobiles." I kinda laughed and said that I did not see that happening. So he laid this out. He said, "Look at it this way. Yamaha will continue to supply the reliable motors for Cat, but they really do not sell a lot of snowmobiles anymore. If AC is going to and is willing to take the motors from Yamaha, then it is a win win for Yamaha."

When I sat and thought about it, it does ,make sense. Unfortunately. But if you think about it. What is slowly happening to our sport. More and more people are getting out of it, due to the cost. My crew and I were setting around at one of the snow shows talking about it. Think about it guys, I can remember when I was 18 and working a job over the summer. I bought a new sled and continued that trend every two years until I bought my 09 XTX. Now to walk into the sled shop and buy a new sled you are into it for 13k to 14k.

Don't see a lot of younger kids out riding the trails or even new sled like we did when we started. True that is partly good, but is bad too. No money going into this sport we love. Means not much money being invested by the manufacturers.

Just something to think about. :o|

I had a Rep tell me they were building a facility in Minnesota above Thief River Falls........????????

srx900 said:
This should be an interesting year I didn't buy a new sled this year. I'm not sold on the Viper (YamaCat). I will wait and read all the reviews from the Yamaha faithfull on how the sled is built and holding up. Ive already read on the viper forum one persons opinion that viper owners should get to know there Cat dealer for cheaper and more available parts. I have always disliked how Yamaha tells there dealers that they don't need to stock parts. If the viper owners have to (get to know there Cat dealer) maybe they will like them and start buying Cats. Hopefully Yamaha will take some of the Cat designs and build a new sled. Maybe the the Viper will be the cats #*$&@ only time will tell. Have fun this season everyone and be safe.
Test and Tune.i bet Yamaha had Nytro engines in these Arctic cat chassis since they came out.how would we know? 1100's sound close if your not paying attention...Yamaha spent there time with the chassis ,?? i may have been next to one prototype when the Arctic cat chassis came out,but i really dont know..it was strange?

Tomanytoyz arctic cat is infact using yamahas 1049 cc engine for the new line ups including zr 7000 and more

they have yamahas engine block but there own set ups

i read about it in motoneige québec magazine

Bobby said:
Tomanytoyz arctic cat is infact using yamahas 1049 cc engine for the new line ups including zr 7000 and more

they have yamahas engine block but there own set ups

i read about it in motoneige québec magazine
Yes i know,but on the 1st post srx900 is wondering how well it will hold up.i bet this engine 1049cc was put in a while back in the Arctic cat chassis.how would you know 2+yrs ago? before the Viper. Yamaha and Arctic cat had something going on back then without anyone knowing really, think about it.the one i seen and heard was a little different in the way it sounded compared to a 1100 cat.but i just looked at said to myself ,thats strange and off they went.it was at a stop up in big bay in the U.P.we pulled up ,they hopped on and left as i was pulling my helmet off :dunno: top secret is out there in the snowmo world before it comes out.they have to test in the real world sometimes. :4STroke:

I have run into them several times over the last few years - they also park and ride out of the BP gas station in Montreal just below hurley. I have seen them several times on machines I could not identify.

We have heard this many times over the past 15 yrs. At the launch of the RX platform I was told that they did not see much potential in going past that....... the apex, Vector, Phazer, Nytro, Viper..... all that in under 10 yrs.

We all seem to forget we drive this industry - sitting on here complaining that its not fast enough, rides too rough, is too hard to steer and then they gives 155 hp rockets and we get bored and say its too expensive. Now we want turbos /Super chargers.

The sleds we grew up on had 340 cc's no electric start, no batteries, no brain, analog gauges, flimsy body work, seats that started to rip at about 10 miles, hand almost warmers, metal skis, suspensions with 6" of travel and on a good day hit 60 mph going down hill with a tail wind.

I was happy on my 98 sx700 and 99 v-max delux 600 untill I road 50 feet on the rx-1 since then I have bought at least 1 new sled a yr wanting more and more adding turbos and making all kinds of changes that made the sleds better for me. An $11800.00 viper today is no more expensive than the 98 that was $4989.00 by 02 the rx was $8900.00 05 I paid $9450.00 for an Apex RTX many Apexes and Attacks and LTX's stalled at the $10,000.00 to $11,696.00 untill the added the variable exhaust and power steering took it up over $12K but that was not bad in my mind I paid $10,600 for a 2011 Rush Pro r 800 $10,750 for a 2012 Rush pro r 800 switchback and $10,900 for a 2013 Rush Pro r 800 switchback (fun to ride but nowhere the technology of the Yamaha) and now $11,807 for a Viper.

The price of the sleds today is just as out of reach of the 22 yr old as the sleds of yester year thats why there is the shift, phazer...... YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PAY TO PLAY - Thats why were not all driving ferraris. ;)!

Back