• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Top Speed

I plan on going back to stock gearing at seasons end and trying to get a little more OD ratio out of it. Maybe as much as .95.
Rockerdan had a great post when he had his Apex and went 120+, he was well into OD.

I played with gearing in my boosted apex and landed smack back at stock. 140+mph (on turbo sled) and great down low to boot (on the SC sled). I think I need a SC AND TC twin charged apex :)

Do anyone race short distance. Our races are set up for 660ft(1/4 mile). Wondering if so, what are your top speeds. Stock. Right. Now I have Ram air and a dyno fuel commander, but don't have any programing put to it. Thoughts and projected set ups!
Thanks in advanced

I played with gearing in my boosted apex and landed smack back at stock. 140+mph (on turbo sled) and great down low to boot (on the SC sled). I think I need a SC AND TC twin charged apex :)
Be the first on your block! NOW the BIG question is, how much boost to run?

Do anyone race short distance. Our races are set up for 660ft(1/4 mile). Wondering if so, what are your top speeds. Stock. Right. Now I have Ram air and a dyno fuel commander, but don't have any programing put to it. Thoughts and projected set ups!
Thanks in advanced
660ft is 1/8 mile.
Shorter gearing and leaner maps. For 660ft, 23/40 gearing might be a starting point. The Apex is very rich stock. By leaning it out via the PC you'll gain hp and response. You need an a/f gauge to get it right.

660ft is 1/8 mile.
Shorter gearing and leaner maps. For 660ft, 23/40 gearing might be a starting point. The Apex is very rich stock. By leaning it out via the PC you'll gain hp and response. You need an a/f gauge to get it right.
There is a dyno fuel controller on it, but it's new to me and it's not set up. She is just running stock with a ram air on it. So the ram air put me in improved class, but I race for fun also. The machine is new to me so I needs to look it over. Pretty sure it had 23-38 gearing and a custom helix, with lower degree/pitch then the stock one.

Ok guys, reviving this very old thread for the nth time. Tentatively heading for the UP next week. I'm sure I'll be hitting my favorite stretch of long flat road. Provided it's in the usual condition.
I have went back to stock gearing (24/38) from my previous 24/40 gearing and slight O/D clutch setup (.97 estimated).
According to Hurricanes gearing speed calculator, the return to stock gearing should be good for a 4-5 mph increase. Theoretically of course.
Hoping to surpass my previous best of 113 mph on the phone app, which was 130 mph on the dream-meter.
No other mods since last outing except for the gear change.
Stay tuned!

On my Yamacharged Attak I initially geared it at 25/40 and once reached a GPS speed of 118mph on a slightly down hill icy road. Since I have my SW now if I want to go real fast I changed the Attak's gearing to 22/40 and have found it much more responsive for trail riding. I have not explored the Attak's top speed with the new gearing.

Good info Bob.
25/40 is slightly shorter than stock gearing. I'm guessing your attack clutches aren't cut for O/D. That means you had to be turning around 10,800 rpm's to achieve those numbers.

With my setup making peak hp at 10,400, I'm spinning a bit lower. Which means slightly taller gearing and a bit of OD to pull a similar speed.

Thanks in advanced
I guess i am some what confused,you stated 660 which is 1/8 mile and than 1/4 is the length 1/8 or 1/4? Or do you guys have two tracks to run on?

Ok guys, reviving this very old thread for the nth time. Tentatively heading for the UP next week. I'm sure I'll be hitting my favorite stretch of long flat road. Provided it's in the usual condition.
I have went back to stock gearing (24/38) from my previous 24/40 gearing and slight O/D clutch setup (.97 estimated).
According to Hurricanes gearing speed calculator, the return to stock gearing should be good for a 4-5 mph increase. Theoretically of course.
Hoping to surpass my previous best of 113 mph on the phone app, which was 130 mph on the dream-meter.
No other mods since last outing except for the gear change.
Stay tuned!
Are you speaking off your sidewinder speedo being off 17 mph vrs gps or radar? That seems very exstreem.

Are you speaking off your sidewinder speedo being off 17 mph vrs gps or radar? That seems very exstreem.
Apex speedo, not winder. Yes, that IS extreme! 17 mph, the exact reason why guys were modding the splines to get more accuracy out of them.

Apex speedo, not winder. Yes, that IS extreme! 17 mph, the exact reason why guys were modding the splines to get more accuracy out of them.
Thankyou,now it makes sinse,i have yet to see a winder speedo anyway near that far off.

Back