• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper/AC 7000 recall

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Fuel line length. I believe the one to filter. I assume Vipers will be next. Will post more info when I can fully read the release.

Oh my I am sure they will scrap the Yamaha Cat venture!

Many saw it coming, said it would never work!

Oh I hope I can get parts in the future.

My dreams of a great motor/drive train company work with a company known for performance chassis is lost.

All TONGUE FIRMLY PLANTED IN CHEEK. We will be fine.

No criticism meant yours is a useful post.

the last 1+ years people have made mountains out of mole hills and I was just having fun. Please take no offense

Last edited:
I
No criticism meant yours is a useful post.

the last 1+ years people have made mountains put of mole hills and I was just having fun. Please take no offense

I think that's how it was taken. "Tongue firmly planted in cheek" kind of indicated your intent!

Hmmm.....just saw this. Says Cat but makes me wonder if any Vipers were involved?

Snowmobiles Recalled By Arctic Cat Due To Fuel Leak, Fire Hazard
Published online: Aug 17, 2014Industry News
By Consumer Product Safety Commission
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Recall date: August 14, 2014
Recall Summary
Name of product: Arctic Cat snowmobiles
Hazard: Fuel can leak from the fuel line assembly, posing a fire hazard.
Remedy: View Details
Repair

Consumer Contact: Arctic Cat at (800) 279-6851 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or online at www.arcticcat.com and click on Customer Care, then Product Recall and then List of Safety Bulletins for more information.
Report an Incident Involving this Product
Recall Details
Units About 3,260
Description

This recall involves model year 2014 Arctic Cat XF 7000 and ZR 7000 and model year 2015 XF 7000 and ZR 7000 snowmobiles. They were sold in a variety of green, black, orange and white color combinations. All XF and ZR 2014 models are included in this recall. Recalled 2015 model vehicles have the last six digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the following ranges: 100920 through 100993 for the XF 7000 models and 100792 through 100919 for the ZR 7000. The fourth and fifth digit of the VIN, “14” or “15,” correspond to the model year. The VIN appears on a sticker attached to the chassis near the rider’s right foot rest. The model name appears on the front sides of the snowmobile.
Remedy
Consumers should stop using the recalled snowmobiles immediately and contactanArctic Cat dealer to schedule a free repair. Arctic Cat is contacting its customers directly.
Sold exclusively at
Arctic Cat dealers nationwide from June 2013 to August 2014 for between $12,000 and $14,500.
Manufacturer
Arctic Cat Inc., of Thief River Falls, Minn.
Manufactured in
United States

All the 2014 7000 cats are involved. They only used the motor in the ZR and XF's sleds in 2014 before expanding to others for 2015.

I would also think the Vipers would be announced very quickly, if not already, if they are included, unless Yamaha is still working on their version of notification.

What exactly? Position or not tight enough? Bad clamps?

I don't think anyone has seen it or at least posted the recall procedure from Cat yet to know exactly what the exact issue is yet.
Cat had a recall on the 2012 turbos concerning the fuel filter being installed wrong in the clip. It was a super easy fix that anyone could do. I would think they learned a lesson on that one so I would assume it's not the same.

Back