• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper/AC 7000 recall

Yes. Yamaha has now issued intent to recall. They will be inspecting the clamps on all. Most of us who saw that post did already I would hope.

Here is cats notice, that I found on FB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 640
Here is yamahas. It is going to require a trip to dealer since there are markings they are putting on sled to ensure this is done properly.

Attachments

• Viper Recall Letter.jpg
    Viper Recall Letter.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 788
For the guys doing it themselves how do you if know you are using a clamp that is to small and leads to failure of the hose from being crimped to tight? Maybe I am just paranoid but fire scares the heck out of me. Is always the possibility but Yamaha is sure taking this seriously I think it's best let them fix it.

If you do it yourself and the repair fails the liability is yours send it to the dealer it is there liability and free so why bother.

Loose clamps on the radiator hoses, now on the fuel lamp clamps. Jeez, you'd think those nuts in Minnesota put these sleds together!!!!

Steve, are they saying how long this will take? Let me know as I can have most of the stuff off of the sled.

Back